19 Feb 2017
The Strategic Communications Division of the Public and Corporate Affairs Branch is looking for a Social Media Coordinator for a 6 month term position with possibility of extension and/or permanency. The position is classified as an RÉ-05 ($60,967 to $80,895 per annum). Candidates have until February 19th, 2017 to submit their application.
The National Capital Commission (NCC) is the federal Crown Corporation dedicated to ensuring that Canada’s Capital is a dynamic and inspiring source of pride for all Canadians and a legacy for generations to come. Building on more than a century of experience, the NCC provides unique value in the Capital Region by fulfilling three specific roles: long-term planner of federal lands, principal steward of nationally significant public places, and creative partner committed to excellence in development and conservation.
Detailed Job Description
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Media, the Social Media Coordinator plans, implements and evaluates social media strategies for programs and initiatives across the National Capital Commission. The incumbent maintains an active and engaging online presence by responding to followers and facilitating conversations across all social media channels. The incumbent prepares creative and useful content, including rich media assets and live video for different audience groups. The incumbent proposes creative ideas and solutions to ensure the NCC is constantly innovating in the social space. The incumbent is also responsible for continuous optimization of social content strategy and paid promotion tactics across all channels to maximize reach and engagement, as well as constant measurement and reporting of results through a rigorous analytics program.
- Develop, maintain and monitor NCC’s presence on social media channels and third party websites;
- Plan, implement and evaluate social media strategies for NCC programs and initiatives;
- Prepare and promote creative and useful content, including rich media assets and live video, for different audience groups across all channels;
- Maintain an active and engaging online presence by monitoring audience trends, responding to followers and facilitating conversations across all social media channels;
- Develop and optimize social content strategy, content workflow, and publishing process;
- Lead paid promotion tactics across all social channels to maximize audience reach and engagement;
- Develop and implement a rigorous analytics program for measuring and reporting on results;
- Act as coach and advisor to colleagues on social media best practices, content development , promotional tactics, and user-generated content campaigns;
- Work with members of the NCC team to foster online relationships with different audiences and external partners;
- Provide high level quality client services to both internal and external clients by responding in a timely, respectful, constructive and responsive manner; and
- Perform other related duties.
University diploma in the field of Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related discipline;
Bilingual imperative: English CCC / French CCC;
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in communications, with specific focus on social media;
Experience in content creation and promotion for social media networks including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube; and
Experience using Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite, social analytics tools or similar software for publishing and content development.
Of the NCC’s mandate and programs; and
Of best practices for content planning and audience engagement on social media.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Obtain a secret clearance.