Consider yourself a pro at social media marketing strategy and thinking outside the box? Do you pride yourself on delivering exceptional results, outdoing yourself with each challenge? Do you thrive on working in a team environment, developing positive and collaborative relationships? If so, we want to hear from you.
BCIT’s Marketing and Communications department is seeking a regular, full-time Social Communications Strategist to join our dynamic team of strategic and creative professionals. The social team, comprising of this position and a counterpart, forms the social media and email marketing go-to for the Institute. Their role is to amplify the institute’s messaging, build an engaged online community for our stakeholders, and provide timely information to our audiences.
The Social Communications Strategist works closely with our team of in-house talent (including photographers, videographers, designers, marketing strategists, event specialists, and media/communications specialists) as well as other BCIT departments, schools, and leadership members to provide guidance and general expert-level knowledge in the realm of social communications strategy and execution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and executes the social media strategy, aligning with the departmental digital strategy and marketing/recruitment campaign strategies.
- Fully manages BCIT Institute-level social media accounts.
- Monitors digital trends, experiments with new digital tools and promotes BCIT’s digital presence.
- Curates content; creates, implements and manages social media campaigns.
- Acts as the Institute’s social media ambassador.
- Sources/captures visual content for social, including collaborating with photographers and videographers.
- Responsible for BCIT internal and external email creation, including creating, implementing and managing email marketing campaigns.
- Creates and maintains distribution lists of internal and external contacts.
- Develops, implements and maintains the student recruitment email strategy.
- Analyzes results across all social and email channels and present findings to key stakeholders.
- Initiates and delivers special projects related to digital social and email communications.
- Undertakes related duties as assigned, consistent with the job grade of this position.
- Participates in Records Custodian training and remains current with record keeping practices, policies and procedures (both BCIT and FOIPOP).
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Diploma of Technology specializing in marketing and/or communications plus current formal training and courses in event marketing, social media and online marketing, and/or student recruitment.
- Two years’ general experience plus four years’ practical current experience in a similar position within a student recruitment, marketing and/or communications environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- General digital media and computer skills are essential.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills plus working knowledge of Banner student registration system, COGNOS reporting applications, CMS software such as Marqui/Wordpress, email marketing platforms such as Industry Mailout, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with photo / video editing software like Adobe Photoshop / Premiere is preferred.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships by exercising tact and diplomacy while delivering the highest levels of customer service.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Good problem definition and solving skills and the ability to take a project from concept to completion.
- Must have stellar project management skills and be able to work on multiple, simultaneous projects in a team or independently.
- Must be able to coordinate projects involving multiple departments / faculties.
- Must be willing and able to take initiative on operational tasks and special projects.
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating events involving BC public schools, faculty, counsellors and career-educators.
- Demonstrated experience, success and know-how of effective social media use, engagement and management.
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.