Located in Burlington Ontario, HostPapa Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest growing technology companies. We help individuals and small-to-medium sized businesses deliver their online dreams by hosting and supporting their websites, email, and cloud-based solutions. We aim to remain at the forefront of the web hosting industry by driving innovation and change.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the SEO Specialist will play a key role in increasing awareness of HostPapa’s online marketing strategy driving new and repeat qualified visitors to our websites by improving our visibility in organic search results. The successful candidate will have proven experience in developing and executing SEO strategies for web-based properties. He or she must also be organized, detail-oriented, and committed to deadlines, but flexible in a changing environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and execute the SEO strategy, while implementing on-page and off-page optimizations to increase the performance and rankings (both desktop and mobile)
- Collaborate with the Content Marketing team to build sales sheets, blog posts, and white papers
- Identify off-page SEO opportunities such as guest blogging, publishing platforms, social media networks
- Optimize new and existing product pages based on traffic and conversion trends
- Monitor daily performance and analyze organic search traffic and it’s impact on overall sales performance
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations to increase organic traffic
- Improve and monitor the performance of key landing pages, web pages and forms
- Acquire a deep understanding of the search behaviour of our target market by using industry tools
- Identity new organic traffic opportunities through extensive keyword and topic research through keyword analysis and auditing
- Use a variety of industry search and analytic tools such as SpyFu, Moz, SimilarWeb, Google Analytics, Google webmaster tools, Piwik, Hotjar and others to provide various reports to analyze search data and trends to help prioritize and identify business opportunities
- Edit and maintain web content to ensure all content implemented across our web pages adheres to SEO best practices
- Monitor site health and ensure our websites are compliant to Google's Webmaster Guidelines
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree or college diploma in Marketing, Advertising, and/or Communications
- At least 3+ years professional experience in search engine optimization (SEO)
- Excellent knowledge of SEO strategies and optimization techniques, including in-depth knowledge of on-page and off-page optimization
- A track record of successfully improving both individual rankings for keywords/phrases and improving overall site traffic through wide scale application of best practices
- A genuine interest in keeping up-to-date with latest trends in search engine algorithm updates and technologies
- Experience with making SEO recommendations to others including content writers and web developers
- Experience in local, national and international SEO including multiple languages
- Experience managing websites with strong knowledge of front-end development (CSS/HTML) and performing SEO using multiple CMS platforms such as Wordpress, Silverstripe etc.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a genuine interest in making continuous improvements to campaigns based on ongoing data analysis
- Experience with copywriting, conversion rate optimization methodologies
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills; additional languages (esp. French, Spanish, or German) considered an asset
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible schedule and opportunities to work from home
- Competitive salary
- Casual work environment
- Education reimbursement
HostPapa is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.