BuildDirect is seeking a talented, motivated SEO professional to join the marketing team in our Vancouver Headquarters. As the SEO Specialist, you will be a key part of our demand generation team with responsibility for driving free traffic to our core website.
You are an innovative thinker with 2+ years SEO experience and 5+ years work experience. Experience in an e-commerce environment is preferred but not required. You have a passion for search and an ability to prioritize the tasks that make a positive contribution to rankings and traffic. You will be working collaboratively with IT and a number of external resources to proactively increase free traffic.
• Free Traffic Strategy Development
o Evaluate and enhance free traffic strategy
o Proactively monitor key analytics to look for opportunities and issues
- Content Development:
o Build out content to support key terms and long tail strategy
o Own and expand content on Learning Centre
o Work with content team to optimize content for SEO
- Link Building:
o Work with external contractors to build links to key pages
o Develop and implement strategy to increase links to key pages
• Other Free Traffic Initiatives
o Ensure other free traffic sources are optimized (includes: Google shopping & Referral traffic)
- Site Design for SEO
o Collaborate with external experts and IT to ensure main site is optimized for SEO
o SEO optimize blogs and other WordPress assets
Expected Outcomes in First Year:
- Achieve required target for daily sample run rate generated by free traffic
- Maintain sample contribution margin at or above target
- Grow free traffic to main site by a minimum of 15%
- Develop strategy to monetize poorly converting free traffic
- Be regarded as an industry thought leader in SEO
- 2+ years experience in Search Engine Optimization: Link building, optimizing content and site design.
- Technically savvy - comfortable with web design tools. WordPress experience a definite asset
- Able to manage team of external consultants to deliver on SEO requirements
- Strong analytical skills. Experienced using analytics to identify issues and seek out opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, works well in a team environment
- Highly organized and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks
BuildDirect is a leader in the global supply of building materials and third party logistics. Through the internal development of various e-commerce processes and innovative technologies, we have created an entirely new sales channel which has positioned BuildDirect as an industry-changing company. We utilize proprietary technology to manage land and ocean volume shipments. BuildDirect is a private company, founded in 1999 with headquarters in Vancouver, BC. For more information about BuildDirect please visit our website.