Are you an exceptional technical SEO professional feeling frustrated because you are always needing to break down corporate silo walls that built up around designers, content creators, and social media managers? Or maybe you feel frustrated because clients/stakeholders don’t know how to measure the success of SEO (and perhaps just “Google themselves “ all the time)? Or, maybe it's frustration with the current fascination with Quick Fixes?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions, we at Hootsuite are looking for YOU!
At Hootsuite we know that, when it comes to SEO, its true purpose is not to simply improve rankings but improve rankings but improve the quality of our organic traffic. For us, SEO is not "icing on the cake" but an integral part of our success.
Hootsuite’s web properties span the globe and play an increasingly significant role in the company’s outstanding success and growth.
The Global Web & Digital Operations team is responsible for running Hootsuite’s web properties as a channel. We are now looking for an exceptional person to fill the SEO Manager role for ongoing Web search engine optimization and further strengthen the team by maximizing organic traffic to the site. This is a senior role with a very broad scope.
You will work closely with regional managers and various department stakeholders to drive emerging international SEO market segments, roll-out ongoing initiatives globally, analyze the impacts of each program and continue optimizing results, and help drive new user, customer growth and sales leads by increasing qualified search engine traffic.
As in-house SEO guru, you must be sharp, creative and have SEO in your DNA and you are able to understand (and write) for multiple audiences under one brand voice. You have a penchant for thinking outside of the box, while executing multiple pieces of work under tight deadlines. Perfectionists are best suited for this job.
Key Management Areas of Responsibility
Collaborate on strategy and goal definition for success - a roadmap of initiatives to enable the defined strategic objectives
Create advanced SEO strategies
Prepare detailed strategy reports
Define requirements, tasks, and resources associated to SEO strategy
Manage and execute implementation of SEO strategy
Communicate with stakeholders, the Global Web & Digital Ops team, and management on strategy/project development, timelines, and results
Compile and present SEO performance reports
Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and development
Contribute to the company blog
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
Perform keyword research in coordination with stakeholders business objectives to optimize existing web content and uncover new opportunities
Provide SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
Review and analyze stakeholder sections of the website for areas that need to be added, improved, or deleted.
Provide recommendations of strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific
Provide input in creating marketing content to socialize and use for social media purposes (e.g. customer videos briefs, customer case studies, blog posts, posts from analysts and customers)
Develop and implement link building campaigns
Implement and administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps, shopping feeds, webmaster tools)
Utilize basic programming and web design skills to enhance SEO
Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels in order to improve rankings
Monitor and evaluate web analytics dashboards and reports in order to develop and recommend SEO strategies
- Communicate to team and management on project development, timelines, and results
- Experience managing SEO for a large-scale website
- Start-up experience (i.e. fast paced and multiple hats)
- Experience with SEOmoz
- Experience in international SEO
- Experience working with remote international teams
- Expert envisioning internal SEO reporting systems and understanding and using external SEO tools
- Passion for SEO and overall internet marketing
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically and identify and resolve problems
- Ability to foster strong stakeholder relationships at various levels
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- SaaS or tech startup experience
- Love dogs
- Strong interest in social media