Teach Away is looking for a seasoned Content Lead specializing in SEO to join our talented marketing team. Our ideal candidate is someone with a passion for education and travel, who has experience developing and executing SEO-driven content strategies, managing content calendars across various products and brands and managing a roster of contributors, all with a winning attitude.
If you’re looking to work for a mission-driven company where creativity and collaboration are encouraged, new ideas are valued and opportunities for development and growth abound, then this is the ideal position for you.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop content strategies that engage teachers, principals, and district administrators around relevant topics in education and inspire them to action
- Leading SEO content strategy and development as well as execution, including but not limited to, optimization, reporting, research and monitoring of key words and terms and their rankings as well as all other other SEO-related housekeeping
- Perform ongoing keyword and topic research, competitor analysis and audience research to identify content opportunities and drive content planning.
- Executing on backlinking strategies and keeping our site content fresh and improving user experience and engagement metrics for blog posts for multiple brands
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve search rank for key topics at the top, middle and bottom of the marketing funnel, using digital marketing tools including HubSpot, Search Console, Google Analytics, Buzzsumo, Moz and SEMRush.
- Planning, assigning and managing blog content and contributors for multiple brands through topic research and alignment with business objectives and team leads
- Authoring, editing and proofreading SEO-driven blog content for multiple education brands based on identified personas
- Develop short, effective, lead-generating copy for a variety of mediums, including web content, email (nurture and promotional), social copy, customer stories, video scripts, infographics, sales collateral, proposals, thought leadership presentations and guest articles.
- Continue to develop and hone voice and tone for multiple brands, ensuring consistency across all content.
- Generate imaginative content marketing ideas with other members of the team.
A little bit about you:
- Min 5 years experience in all things content creation and marketing, including internal and external communications, blogs, web content and email campaigns, social media, on-page sales copy and a familiarity with the principals of inbound marketing (We’re looking for someone who enjoys diversity in their role!)
- You have a passion for education and you understand the difference that a teacher can make in the lives of their students. You are excited about all things education, and may even be a teacher yourself! You have domain experience in K12 education.
- Specializing in SEO, you’re up to date with the latest strategies for dominating search results – you’re more than familiar with concepts like search intent, semantic search, topic clusters and pillar content.
- A story-teller at heart you use the latest tech tools to understand what audiences really want to know and weave that into excellent copy.
- Spelling and grammar errors hurt your soul.
- Excellent knowledge of tools like Search Console, SEMRush and Moz as well as digital marketing tools like Google Analytics and Hubspot.
- Project management skills and gymnastic-like agility when it comes to managing the priorities of multiple stakeholders, with the ability to react quickly to changing demands, feedback and tight deadlines.
- Comfortable liaising with subject matter experts throughout the company.
Bonus points for:
- Previous teaching or teaching abroad experience
- Experience working closely with designers on visual and interactive projects
Teach Away is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.