Be a part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Canadian Olympic Committee is looking for a Senior Writer / Producer for its Toronto office to create award winning feature level editorial content for our digital channels.
You are a master storyteller with 5-7 years of professional experience, and a lifetime of rough drafts. You are imaginative, collaborative, and truly inspired by story, both visual and written. Your passion and attention to detail are undeniable in your sizable body of work. Your work is interesting to your readers because you care about them and they care about you. You care how something looks as much as how it reads - and will learn any software or digital tool to ensure you can publish for your audience and interact with your readers.
Core Responsibilities and Priorities:
- Create exceptionally compelling feature content for Olympic.ca in order to drive traffic
- Research, write, and promote a range of stories as assigned
- Maintain and develop relationships with key members of the digital and sports communities, including athletes, agents and sponsors
- Ideally, you will have crossed from written word into film and video, and will be able to produce high caliber visual pieces on par with your written work (or evolve into this area)
Qualifications and Critical Skills:
- Post-secondary education in journalism or digital marketing
- 5-7 years of related professional storytelling experience in an agency, journalism or independent blogging environment
- An instinct for visual and written storytelling and a passion for digital
- Good eye for shooting and editing photography
- Familiarity with WordPress and knowledge of social platforms
- Ability to shoot and edit video is a huge bonus
- Bilingual is a bonus, but not required
- Sports experience, and sports writing experience, are bonuses
- Sport passion is essential
- Include links to relevant samples, along with your personal website and social profiles
- NOTE: Candidates are encouraged to get creative with their application
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.