Senior Web Producer
Are you considered a website and digital communications expert in your field? Do you have strong leadership and strategic thinking skills? If so, consider joining our team of professionals with the Communications Services Branch of the Ministry of Natural Resources.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- provide strategic planning and team leadership to the unit in developing and maintaining digital communication products
- act as team/project lead to ensure consistency, quality and timeliness of services
- produce, govern, manage and implement ministry standards, policies and guidelines
- lead, manage and coordinate the creation of content for websites
Location: 99 Wellesley Street West, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- you have knowledge of communications theory, methods, techniques and practices with specialization in digital communications and website design, mobile/tablet standards, content development and graphics techniques and social media trends and tools
- you have knowledge of website design and architecture, mobile/tablet responsive design, technology and trends, user interface/experience theories, web applications, information architecture, content publishing and graphics
- you have knowledge of publishing standards and industry standards (W3C), web conventions, trends and etiquette to ensure compliance with established practice
- you have knowledge of current digital production and software and technology techniques (e.g. PC and Mac based software: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Video Encoder, Dreamweaver, Acrobat Professional, Indesign, Roxio Videopro and video converter, HTML, CSS and Flash Action Script)
- you have proven leadership skills to influence internal and external clients
- you have strong team leadership skills to provide digital communication expertise, insight and strategic direction to digital team
Strategic Thinking and Analytical Skills:
- you have strategic thinking and analytical skills to determine communication concept/strategy of website projects
- you have evaluative skills and attention to detail to verify content and ensure it meets mandatory standards
- you have ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and regulatory/legislative requirements
Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Skills:
- you have sound problem-solving skills to quickly identify and resolve design related issues pertaining to products in a quick and timely manner
- you have decision-making skills to make assessment and judgment calls
Project Management and Organizational Skills:
- you have solid project management and organizational skills to plan, organize, motivate and manage resources to achieve project goals
- you have organizational skills to adapt to changing priorities and issues affecting work/assignments
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- you have verbal communication skills to interact with team and vendors including making presentations
- you have written communication skills to write/edit materials
- you have customer service and interpersonal skills to communicate, consult and build relationships with staff and external vendors
• Please include in your resume, URLs to three online digital samples of projects you have contributed to.
Salary range: $1,382.53 – $1,723.51 per week