As the owner and operator of over 180 retirement and long term care residences across Canada, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the largest participant in seniors living in Canada. We proudly employ over 13,000 employees across our homes in the provinces of Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia and Alberta and have corporate offices in Mississauga, Montreal and Vancouver. Our shared mission at Chartwell is to provide a happier, healthier and more fulfilled life experience for seniors, to provide peace of mind for our residents loved ones and to attract and retain employees who care about making a difference in our residents lives.
Chartwell offers employees an engaging and fulfilling work environment, where individual efforts and contribution are recognized, valued and rewarded. With the support of all levels of leadership, we encourage personal and professional development through a variety of programs, on-going training and education within our organization. At Chartwell, our employees are the greatest ambassadors of our vision of "Making People's Lives Better;" a promise we consider to be one of our highest priorities.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, outstanding creative web designer with a passion for front end development.
This is a 2-year contract, salaried position.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelors in Design or other formal education in web/interactive design is a plus;
- 5+ years of experience in web design & user experience design for desktop/tablet/mobile/social applications;
- Ability to lead design and usability aspects of projects;
- Exceptional creativity and willingness to push the boundaries of interactive design;
- Expert in standard design/development tools (Adobe Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash).
- Working knowledge in implementing responsive designs of web/mobile/social;
- Knowledge of W3C compliance, AODA and cross browser compatibility is preferred;
- Excellent communication, relationship management, analytical, interpersonal and mentorship skills;
- Passion for design, interactivity, websites and digital media;
- Experience using analytics and data to inform design decisions and improve products iteratively.
Practicing our corporate values of R.E.S.P.E.C.T., the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conceptualize, create mockups, create designs and implement interactive experiences that range from developing CMS themes to Rich media banners, Email newsletters etc;
- Demonstrate outstanding creative web designs through typography, color theory, layout and photo manipulation;
- Be accountable for overall quality of visual and interactive experience;
- Rapidly visualize and prototype concepts in HTML /CSS /JS /Ajax /JQuery for desktop, tablet, mobile, email, Facebook and digital campaign projects;
- Manage multiple projects while thriving in dynamic & fast-paced environments;
- Work and be open to collaborate with cross-functional teams including Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing and Sales;
- In depth understanding of web best practices like table less design principles and usability.
- Maintain an appetite for knowledge of design and technology trends;
- Maintaining and updating education documentation and resources;
- Design and execute .Net CMS themes, interactive elements, web/mobile/social apps, email blasts, digital marketing themes etc.