The Weather Network is Looking for You… Now Hiring People with a Sunny Outlook! Benefits of working for Pelmorex / The Weather Network: - Named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for the 5th consecutive year - Recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2010 and 2011 - Keeping pace with the growth of technology, we offer unique integration of creativity, science and technology - Leader in employment equity and diversity - Dynamic, fast-paced environment, open-door philosophy - State of the art facilities The Weather Network and its French counterpart, MétéoMédia, are among the top media brands in Canada devoted to Canadians’ favourite topic of conversation – the weather! Available across all platforms including TV, web, desktop, mobile, radio and newspapers, The Weather Network and MétéoMédia are the undisputed leaders of weather and weather-related information services. The Weather Network and MétéoMédia are the most frequently watched specialty networks, the number one visited News and Information websites and the most comprehensive mobile weather source in Canada. The commercial market, such as energy companies and municipalities, also rely on The Weather Network and MétéoMédia as their leading source of weather to service their business needs. The growth of The Weather Network and MétéoMédia can be attributed to the continued focus and commitment in providing the very best weather information to Canadians whose activities are dependent on weather.
About the Role:
Location: Oakville, Ontario
The Senior Web Analyst is responsible for taking a consumer-centric view across all of our website and PC, mobile and tablet applications to generate insights, key learning and decisions to drive consumer audience metrics.
This is role is responsible for collaborating with all the business unit owners of our products and supporting them in going deep into understanding the qualitative and quantitative signs from our customers, and utilizing the impressive amounts of data generated by our multiple analytics tools to drive customer satisfaction, revenue and other aspects of business performance.
- Support the analytic needs of the Web & Applications business unit by using clickstream tools from Omniture and others to analyze web traffic. Use standard BI tools, Excel and/or Cognos to produce reports relating to outcomes. Coordinate tags for all platforms to ensure accuracy.
- Create holistic dashboards by pulling data from different data sources and websites for presentations to the senior management team
- Collaborate with external partners such as agencies to assist with data collection and reporting
- Own the process of driving core insights from available data to suggest, create and execute multivariate or A/B/C tests that drive fundamental improvements to the site experience
- Exhibit a high level expertise in guiding the data strategy across multiple listening posts (website feedback, surveys, testing, CRM systems, market research). Own the consumer satisfaction plan.
- Weekly and monthly reporting summarizing business performance
- Develop business requirements synthesized from multiple sources across the Web & Apps team, IT and other functional groups
- Works with the Manager, Digital Inventory to evaluate profitability of custom sales deals and conduct cost/benefit analysis of advertising deals and business partnerships. Works with Manager of Digital Inventory and the Ad Products Specialist and Ad Operations to ensure accurate reporting connecting audience data and advertising inventory to assess yield and drive overall revenue performance. Help test advertising options.
- This role manages and analyzes inbound and outbound traffic, assesses performance of the weather button program and other syndicated partnerships with 3rd parties that drive traffic to The Weather Network properties.
Roles, responsibilities and duties may evolve and change over time.
- BA/Business degree/MBA from an accredited college or university in Business, Finance and/or Marketing focus
- At least 3 years of working with standard clickstream analysis tools from Omniture, ClickTracks, WebTrends, WebSideStory or others
- High level of expertise (3 years or more) with business intelligence tools from vendors such as Hyperion, Cognos, Business Objects etc., and experience writing and tuning SQL queries in an online or offline environment
- 2 to 4 years of experience in reporting and analyzing performance of online marketing activities such as campaigns, affiliate marketing, online acquisition strategies, etc.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in working with Microsoft Office with very high level Excel skills
- 3 to 5 years of business analysis experience in large companies with multiple functions and/or business units
- 2 years of experience in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation, testing, competitive analysis, surveys and market research
- Mid-level expertise in search engine marketing or pay per click and search engine optimization strategies and a minimum of 1 year experience measuring the success of SEM/PPC and SEO efforts
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
- Passionate about web analytics using large scale data (framing – execution – presentation)
- Experience with digital advertising and online publishers with multiple sales channels a plus
- Excellent time management and maniacal attention to detail
- Comfortable in fast-paced and changing environment
- Collaboration: Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Leadership: Uses sound judgment to identify issues and escalate when appropriate. Contributes to improvements in processes (technical or business) used by analysts. Owns driving focused decisions within specific areas and is a key contributor to decisions beyond the specific scope of the analyst’s role. Identifies key needs or gaps and provides leadership to close those gaps
- Conflict Resolution: Resolves disagreements and conflicts constructively and knows when to involve others
- Commitment to Continuous Learning: Learns from mistakes, takes action to apply that knowledge, and provides peer and team wide feedback for those in an immediate area of focus. Identifies and communicates specific personal growth goals
- Functional Skills: Understand relevant technology applications – Omniture, Google Analytics, adTech, statistical tools, CMS tools etc.,
- Analytical Skills: Uses strong analytical skills, provides insights as well as recommendations for changes and convinces key company decision makers of business benefits of proposed solutions. Needs to be comfortable with understanding and directing reporting and analysis of large amounts of data. Understands how to tell a story with numbers and translate large volumes of data into meaningful business intelligence.
- Problem Solving Skills: Identifies requirements and drives decision making for required trade-offs by proposing solutions to senior leadership
- Results Orientation: Exhibits a high degree of pro-activeness in analyzing customer behaviour by using available data to influence changes on the website. Understands the complex web ecosystems and best practices, and applies this knowledge to their work. Handles multiple tasks, switches priorities and focuses as needed. Possesses a strong work ethic and knows how carry a project to completion and commit to driving results for the business
- Communication Skills: Strong verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills demonstrated by delivering clear, correct and timely communications
- Organizational Planning: Must demonstrate the ability to organize and manage projects within an unstructured environment, work with remote teams, and balance short term needs against long-term objectives, multi-task and prioritize