Union/Affiliation: Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
# of openings: 1
Biweekly Hours: 72
Pay range: $61,225 To $73,114 Annually
Position Grade: 8
The Senior Visual Communication Designer, Web & Project Management (SVCDWPM) provides expertise and acts as a visual communications design lead in web design, print design, multi-platform design, interactive presentations, video, and illustrations and info-graphics for Creative Studio (CS) productions; participates in the development and implementation of communications and marketing plans to meet SFU's short and long-term communications and marketing objectives, including evolving the SFU brand and guidelines for internal and external use, and the creation of new templates and applications; collaborates with multidisciplinary and professional colleagues in SFU Communications & Marketing (C&M) and CS partners/clients to support the implementation of university communications and brand marketing strategies; and is responsible for the implementation of SFU policies, standards, and procedures to ensure quality control and brand management.
- Undergraduate degree in design, communications, interactive arts and technology, marketing, or a related discipline and four years of related experience including professional experience in web design, print design, multi-platform design, interactive presentations, video, and illustrations and info-graphics, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of communications, marketing, and brand development theory and strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of print production, CMYK and Pantone process, typography, and prepress in offset and digital printing.
- Excellent knowledge of desktop and digital publishing applications including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered website design and communication, including knowledge of web typography, layout composition, RBG color, and interactive navigational flow in web design.
- Good knowledge of relational database design with particular reference to developing database-driven content.
- Excellent communications design, marketing, and project management skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication (oral & written), interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, and manage strategic creative productions within timelines and budgets.
- Ability to forecast and administer budgets.
Assignment End Date: July 16, 2021
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.
For a more detailed Job Description please visit: https://trr.tbe.tale..7&rid=1697