BDO’s National office has an immediate opening for a Senior Unified Communications Specialist in our IT department. Our National office is located in Toronto’s downtown core, close to Union Station and public transit.
As the Senior Unified Communications Specialist, you will be reporting to the Manager, Systems & Infrastructure and responsible for maintaining and supporting the firm’s email messaging, email archiving and unified communications systems.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assists the Manager, Systems and Infrastructure, to deliver all services in alignment with the firms’ strategy
- Provide advance support and implementation for the firm’s messaging and Email archiving systems
- Provide advance support for messaging backup/restores as well as conferencing and collaboration solutions
- Advance knowledge of email routing, connectivity, virus and spam filtering to analyze statistics and success rates with Microsoft Exchange Online Protection.
- Utilize management tools to monitor performance on messaging, collaboration and mail archiving system for capacity planning and identifying potential issues
- Lead or assist in documenting standard process and procedures for daily tasks, projects and test plans for backup and recovery
- Work alongside service desk personnel and level 1 staff to help resolve account administration, email configuration and software deployment issues
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum of 5+ years of current working knowledge in managing Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013, Exchange Archiving, Microsoft Unified Communications (Lync 2013 & Skype for Business) combined with a thorough knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012R2 and Active Directory
- Participate in the design, planning, testing, deployment, management and support of increasingly large and complex messaging and collaboration solutions hosted in various collocated Data Centers and third party IaaS/SaaS clouds.
- Design, implement and support Microsoft UC solutions environments, including multi-tenant and dedicated designs focusing primarily on Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory and Skype for Business applications.
- Thorough knowledge of backup systems such as Commvault, standard protocols, codecs, understanding of application bandwidth usage, QoS etc.
- Industry certifications in Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Lync Server are preferred
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.