The Small and Medium Business (SMB) market segment is the fastest growing and highest value market segment within Canada and is a top Corporate priority at TELUS. To drive focus in this market, TELUS has created a dedicated SMB business unit that has responsibility for all SMB P&L and all customer touch points (sales, marketing, care) as well as product strategy allowing us to attack the market as one team and drive the best client experience in the industry.
The successful candidate will join a small "swat team" of Analysts and Sr. Strategy Managers within SMB Marketing whose mandate is to provide strategic analysis and insight to the senior leadership team at TELUS. Working closely with the Director of Planning & Strategy and Vice President of SMB Marketing, you will be tasked to analyze and develop new growth and cost efficiency opportunities and you will regularly present your findings to the leadership team. Given that the SMB Marketing team has ownership of the SMB P&L, not only will you be responsible for strategic analysis, you will also be involved in the execution of the strategy and will see first hand the impacts of your recommendations. Primary areas of focus in the near term will be Healthcare, Channel Economics and assessment of new partner opportunities.
The SMB Marketing team which is widely known within TELUS as a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment that is a great place to learn and grow your career. We only hire the best and are passionate about maintaining a high performance culture within our team. Simply put, if you're bright, ambitious and looking for a challenge, the SMB Marketing team is the place to be.
Develop the business unit strategy:
- Develop twice annual Strat Checkforecasts and presentation
- Develop scenario based analysis and make recommendations to Sr Leadership team
- Analyze key market shifts and trends for impact and opportunity
- Lead , develop and monitor strategic initiatives
- Undertake ownership and delivery of results on special projects identified by the leadership team. Examples for such projects include strategic partnership reviews, special projects, new corporate priorities that require immediate attention, process improvement initiatives, etc.
Strategic relationships management:
- Deliver on a plan that advances business unit through business development opportunities
- Accountable for strategic negotiations and building relationships with target partners
- Manage relationships externally and internally
- Lead the development of business units overall strategic plan and semi-annual strategic reviews
- Accountable for delivery of business units monthly performance update and insight to TELUS’ Executive Leadership team
- Mentor and coach junior team members
- Knowledge of Canadian Telecommunications and IT industry
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proven analytical ability combined with strong interpersonal skills and business acumen
- Proficiency in business modelling, forecasting and market assessment
- Understanding of Canadian IT and telecom market – some technical aptitude would be an asset as it relates to telecom network and IT infrastructure
- Proven track record of turning information into insight and presenting recommendations to senior leadership – the candidate should have a high level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Respectful collaborator with the ability to work cross functionally within TELUS and with industry partners.
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Post secondary degree
- MBA is an asset but not a requirement.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and passion for technology are desirable attributes.
- 5+ years of marketing experience, particularly previous experience in business strategy and analysis within the telecom/IT market
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly possibilities®
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.