As the main marketing point of contact for the PlayNow Sports business, the Senior Specialist, Marketing Planning leads the development of marketing plans and strategies by communicating the vision and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered to client vision and expectations, on time and on budget.
- Acts as the main marketing point of contact with client group, leading the development of marketing plans and strategies. Understands client’s needs, target audience and communicates that vision to marketing cross-functional team. Collaborates with marketing cross-functional team to develop marketing proposal, ensuring project is delivered on time and is consistent with client’s vision/brand.
- Works with stakeholders and broader planning team to define the marketing roadmap for the client within an enterprise context. Actively manages the roadmap and workflow/intake, prioritizing projects based on business value and with an enterprise view. Consults with marketing teams to ensure resources are available to support projects.
- Collaborates with the player experience team, communicating the player experience strategy & vision to marketing cross-functional team and using a player experience lens to support prioritization of marketing projects.
- Analyzes effectiveness of marketing projects/campaigns and reports results to client, internal stakeholders and marketing teams. Makes recommendations to client for future projects/ campaigns.
- Reports to stakeholders on the progress and status of marketing team deliverables. Proactively identifies risks and opportunities and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Negotiates with leaders and other stakeholders to remove any impediments, issues and/or blockers to the broader marketing teams’ ability to deliver on prioritized work.
- Contributes to the development of enterprise marketing plans and business cases for new business opportunities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- A degree or diploma in related discipline such as business, marketing or communications
- 4-6 years relevant experience, including the following:
- Marketing strategy & planning and the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans and large-scale marketing campaigns;
- Account management or work requiring collaboration among a broad range of stakeholders.
- Solid knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of marketing and advertising;
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics;
- Strong marketing communications skills and ability to deliver integrated marketing campaigns;
- Proven leadership and/or teamwork skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and build support within the marketing team and among other stakeholders across BCLC in order to deliver on business needs;
- Strong business acumen with a results oriented focus;
- Excellent innovation in problem solving and demonstrated analytical thinking;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task with close attention to detail;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite);
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset;
- Sports marketing background would be an asset;
- Experience working in agile or as a Program Owner would be an asset.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!