As one of Canada’s pre-eminent patient care, research and academic health science centres, and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers, Mount Sinai Hospital has a well-earned reputation for excellence in the community, across Canada and internationally. Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health System comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Joseph & Wolf Lebovic Health Complex; Bridgepoint Active Healthcare; Circle of Care; and the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute- from healthy beginnings to healthy aging. These organizations have come together to combine acute care, rehabilitation and complex care, home care, and other community-based services all fuelled by world-class research. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from compassionate care to scientific discovery.
Reporting to the Executive Lead, Communications & Marketing an exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Specialist, Communications and Marketing to join the Sinai Health Foundation team to elevate the profile of our brand, fundraising programs and events, and ensure these initiatives ladder up to our overall brand strategy. In this fast-paced, multifaceted Foundation environment, the candidate will work with fundraising staff, clinical and research staff and communications and marketing colleagues across the organization to develop and execute impactful communications and marketing campaigns and initiatives. The Senior Specialist will also be the keeper of all brand messaging and will foster relationships with key members across the organization to ensure we have insight into all Sinai Health System partners (Mount Sinai Hospital, Bridgepoint, Circle of Care and Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Institute), so content can be leveraged across all communications and marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate would also have some experience working on direct marketing initiatives such direct mail and e-appeals, and would also have familiarity working with data, analytics, print vendors and mailing houses.
This position will appeal to communications and marketing professionals seeking the opportunity to work with a dynamic team who are committed to best-in-class practices. A person with experience in communications and marketing practices; public relations, direct marketing; email marketing, social media, advertising, analytics, key message development, speeches and out-of-the-box thinking will thrive in this role.
- Develop brand and key messages to be utilized across the organization and filtered down into all communications and marketing initiatives
- Lead the development of communications and marketing initiatives across the Foundation including fundraising programs and events
- Assist in the strategy and content development for direct marketing initiatives to generate revenue (direct mail, e-appeals)
- Source patient, clinical and research stories that highlight the Centres of Excellence across Sinai Health System
- In collaboration with events team; plan and own event marketing responsibilities including pre and post-event and any media relations components
- Work with creative teams both in-house and external agencies to create marketing materials as needed such as direct marketing campaigns, event materials, email blasts, brochures , program collateral and all other print and digital needs
- Ensure all initiatives are well represented in the digital space including web site presence, microsites, and social media campaigns
- Use email marketing to deliver timely and relevant emails to help drive leads, communicate and thank donors
- Ensure all communications and marketing initiatives are marketed and well represented in-hospital to reach internal audiences and patient families
- Successful completion of a University degree or College diploma in a relevant field from an accredited educational institution required.
- Minimum of five(5) years of relevant experience in supporting and executing foundation programs and campaigns or equivalent experience in a non-profit or academic and/or health sciences environment.
- Demonstrated ability to write at an executive level, editing and proofreading skills, including ability to organize information, data and visuals effectively, and to adapt writing and presentation style to fit audience
- Ability to liaise with Senior staff and exercise strategic thinking
- Experience dealing with outside agencies and vendors an asset
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office.
- Experience using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or related database software an asset
- Highly excel at developing highly complex relationships, based on trust, integrity, and results, with clinicians, researchers and foundation stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history.