The Senior Specialist, Brand and Advertising is responsible for designing, managing and implementing creative advertising plans and strategies that align to the overall Marketing Strategy. The role leads the creative development and production of integrated marketing and advertising campaigns, develops and manages the brand, identity and governance framework, provides guardianship for product, category and corporate brands and works with internal creative teams and external stakeholders, including design, brand and advertising agencies. The Senior Specialist, Brand and Advertising may also provide brand guidance, leadership and training for BCLC business-to-business partners across North America (such as GameSense Partners and PlayNow Manitoba).
- Designs, manages and implements creative advertising plans, strategies and brand guardianship for BCLC’s portfolio of product, category and corporate brands.
- Leads the creative development and production of integrated marketing and advertising campaigns, including TV, online, print out of home and digital advertising. Works with internal creative teams and external stakeholders including design, brand and advertising agencies.
- Develops and manages the brand strategies, identities and governance framework for all enterprise brands including the creation and management of brand books, graphic standards and proactive brand oversight.
- May act as the GameSense business-to-business (B2B) brand liaison, training and working with GameSense partners across North America to execute the GameSense brand correctly in their jurisdiction. May also provide brand guidance and leadership for other B2B partners such as PlayNow Manitoba. The role may work as part of a national marketing/advertising committee with other Canadian lottery jurisdictions to manage the advertising strategy for national lottery brands.
- Delivers marketing programs, advertising and brand campaigns on budget and provides regular updates on spend variance and program budget changes.
- Monitors and reports on campaign effectiveness, establishing KPI's and sharing with the broader marketing team. Ensures all campaigns are delivered on time and on budget and adhere to the correct advertising standards and guidelines.
- Proactively builds, develops, and maintains strong working relationships with internal departments, business partners, external agencies, regulatory and government bodies.
- Interprets and applies corporate standards, policies and procedures to marketing programs advertising and brand campaigns. Conducts research, identifies future trends and best practices to develop marketing new creative advertising approaches and assists in the development of policy and procedures.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in a marketing or business discipline;
- 4-6 years experience in marketing, branding and/or advertising discipline
- Advertising Agency experience or familiarity with brand strategy or advertising campaign production is an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategic marketing, brand and advertising plans;
- Solid knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of marketing, advertising and program management;
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics;
- Strong marketing communications skills and ability to deliver integrated marketing campaigns;
- Excellent innovation in problem solving and demonstrated analytical thinking;
- Proven leadership and/or teamwork skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task with close attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite);
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!