ArtStation is looking for a talented, senior level, full stack Ruby & JS developer to help lead our engineering efforts to the next level of growth.
ArtStation is the leading showcase platform for artists working in the games, film, media & entertainment industry. Its mission is to help artists succeed and to be a positive force in the media & entertainment industry. Renowned artists, studios and companies use ArtStation every day for showcasing, recruiting and learning. It has millions of users every month and is ranked in the top 1300 websites online by Alexa.com.
As the Senior Software Developer for ArtStation, your primary responsibility is to lead the engineering team to build a highly performant platform for the creative industry.
Core duties and responsibilities :
- Lead the engineering team. You’ll be the key lead of the core engineering team, working directly with the CEO, Product Management and Product Design with input from artists to execute on product strategy.
- Design performant systems. ArtStation gets a phenomenal amount of traffic and you must be thinking of building systems that scale.
- Design maintainable systems. ArtStation is becoming a large codebase that does many things. You must think about ways of reducing complexity while solving complex problems.
- Design economical solutions. ArtStation is among the largest websites in the world getting millions of views every day. Many commercial solutions out there simply cannot be used on ArtStation because they are too expensive for our scale. You must work on solutions that provide economies at our scale.
- Design secure solutions. ArtStation is a huge website, and as a result attracts many hackers. You must be security conscious.
- Review code. You’ll be working with a team of great developers, and you will be reviewing their code every day to ensure consistency and quality.
Minimum Requirements (Experience, Education, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities) :
- Minimum 5 years of experience in front and back-end development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Ruby on Rails.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in mobile development.
- Strong experience of minimum 3 years in managing developers. You’ve worked with developers before. You know how to review their code, how to motivate and encourage.
- Have studied in computer science or related discipline.
- Be able to work effectively remotely. ArtStation is a remote team and requires that you are able to be effective even when the rest of the team isn’t in the same location or timezone.
- You have experience building and running very high traffic web applications. ArtStation is one of the largest websites in the world, ranked in the top 1300 sites by Alexa.com.
- You understand modern web standards and best practices. You have a deep knowledge of developing and testing for many devices and platforms.
- Able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Expert level at Git version control.
- Detail and quality oriented.
- Have a sense of humour.
3 weeks vacation
Health, Dental, Life Insurance, LTD