Cactus Club Cafe - Head Office is looking for a superstar Senior Production Designer to join their in-house creative team to support the team in putting their magic touch in everyday design projects.
You will be responsible to take designs through different stages of the creative process to final development, ensuring perfection while preparing them for print or digital production. You should have eagle eyes for detail, be highly organized, self-motivated with the ability to take ownership. Projects include (and not limited to), menu layout and design, campaign and promotions asset creation, photo retouching, internal training documents, developing brand templates and print publication design. If you are driven by teamwork, have a desire to innovate, love working in an energetic environment and are committed to excellence in your craft, this role is a great fit for you!
- Work collaboratively with the creative team, creative manager and project managers to provide production support for projects including designing and formatting menus, asset creation for promotions and campaigns, retouching and editing photos, print and digital advertisements, internal training documents and print publications.
- Actively participate in brainstorms, project research and creating presentations.
- Inspect existing processes and workflows to find opportunities for production efficiencies and lead/implement changes in a fun, engaging and ego-less way.
- Liaising and prepare materials for print and digital production with external vendors and suppliers.
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in graphic design and/or production design.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a production design/artist role.
- Expert skills in Adobe Creative Cloud and eager to keep up with next-generation tools and technologies.
- A strong portfolio showcasing a range of print and digital design and production work.
- Exceptional understanding of production efficiencies, typography, graphic, layout and information design.
WHO YOU ARE
- A self-starter who can work independently but in a collaborative environment. You have proven abilities to manage multiple projects with completing deadlines in a fast paced environment while taking direction and welcoming feedback throughout the design process.
- Driven by innovation and problem solving. You are a leader that loves to teach and share knowledge on your savy production skill-set.
- Production design is your calling and there is doubt about it.
- You’re passionate and excited about design and technology and stay on top of trends.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature.
- You have sharp attention to detail and are a champion of consistency.
- You love working in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and demanding timelines.
WHO WE ARE
Born on the West Coast in 1988, Cactus Restaurants Ltd. is one of the highest performing and fastest growing restaurant groups in North America. Cactus Club Cafe has 30 locations in four provinces and is known for making modern Canadian food, served in a vibrant, contemporary setting. Cactus Restaurants is regularly recognized for its leadership as a restaurant and employer, and is a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Proudly Canadian owned and operated, Cactus Restaurants is a founding partner of both Ocean Wise and the Green Table Network.