Contac Services Inc. is a global, multi-disciplinary leader specializing in one to one data driven communication and supply chain management. Contac blends its full suite of products and services with state of the art technology to provide completely integrated solutions that give clients winning and measurable results. In its 35th year of business, Contac provides a comprehensive range of products and services to major brands around the world across its eConcierge™, supply chain management, online marketing, and travel technology platforms to build brand and customer loyalty.
Today Contac provides the highest quality production, lowest cost and fastest distribution of marketing solutions to major brands around the world. Headquartered in Vancouver, B.C., Contac has facilities in Toronto as well as Montreal. Our goal is to continue to develop and expand both our Company and our people. We are currently seeking a Senior Product Manager to join the Toronto based team.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Marketing Services the successful candidate will be responsible for setting the strategic vision and defining the ongoing roadmap for the company's three main product lines, eConcierge, Web Store Front and eContac (the travel agent desktop web portal). As the Senior Product Manager, you are flexible, results-orientated and an experienced product leader who will drive the applications and services from inception to launch. You combine a great instinct for developing compelling products with a strong focus on users with a technical aptitude to work with a world class team, and the business sense to drive product goals and strategies. Your knowledge and understanding of B2B and B2C ecommerce solutions will be critical to your success as all product lines containing an ecommerce feature. As a collaborative team player, you will interact daily with the client services, sales, marketing, and development teams and at times external clients and prospects. You have visionary product insight, significant technical expertise and extensive leadership and business skills to enable you to coordinate client requests, scheduling and the assignment of product design, setup and pre-launch testing.
- Identify market opportunities, define vision, strategy and develop the on-going product roadmap for Contac's three lines of business: eConcierge, Web Store Front and eContac
- Develop and launch new products and enhance existing products
- Define all product requirements drawing from feedback from external and internal clients
- Prioritize features and justify through business case assessment
- Ensure seamless integration with external and internal client ERP systems
- Carry out on-going competitive analysis for all product lines
- Provide leadership to the team
- Develop core positioning and messaging for products
- Train sales and account management teams and perform product demos to customers as required
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-phase products
- Interface with all functional areas to ensure positive user experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree (3-4 year) in Product/Project Management
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a Product Manager or Project Manager role within a technical environment
- Deep understanding of ecommerce and related technology platforms
- Experience working as a product manager in the travel or printing industry would be an asset
- Entrepreneurial experience and a passion for creating great products are highly valued
- Solid product management experience (preferably with a consumer web company) with a track record of creating innovative and winning Internet or software solutions
- Capable of quickly grasping and understanding multiple and complex business products and concepts and being able to articulate vision and strategy into practical working solutions
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects in deadline-orientated environment
- Adept at balancing competing interests and developing strong internal and external business relationships
- Experience working with graphic designers and software developers
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- A strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities, with deep understanding of the Internet, search/discovery, social media and on-line advertising spaces
- Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements and convert them into a winning product vision and specification
- Ability to understand and apply technology to product development
- Ability to drive both direct and indirect teams to execute and deliver product strategy
- Superior client engagement skills, including ability to build and manage client relationships
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to influence internal and external audiences
- Superior written skills, including experience writing comprehensive business and functional requirements
- Strong analytical and prioritization skills
- Strong background and skills in brand, product launch, pricing, specification and product positioning
- Capable of creative, commercial and influential decision making at a senior level, together with excellent people management skills
This is a full time, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday position and will require flexibility to work on call, unusual hours or extended shifts when necessary.
This position offers a competitive compensation, benefits package and training on existing systems and architecture. If you describe yourself as a team player, enthusiastic, possess a high level of integrity and the willingness to make a significant contribution, we invite you to apply for this opportunity. However, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview.