The Senior Marketing Specialist is a high-energy individual demonstrating initiative, creativity, sound judgment, proven business skills and excellent leadership capabilities.
Success requires the ability to –
- Assess business needs, and develop marketing strategies, plans, programs, budgets and external communications as required to meet these needs;
- Understand and communicate value propositions, on a market-by-market basis;
- Develop and execute programs to raise awareness of fuel cells – and of Ballard’s brand – within the company’s target markets;
- Work effectively through external and internal communication channels (including Ballard’s corporate website and intranet);
- Generate quality leads for Ballard’s Sales Team.
- Building the profile of the corporate brand;
- Product marketing activities;
- Developing and executing target market plans;
- Implementing effective public relations activities, to address target journalists and other influencers in key markets, including development of pitches;
- Working closely in a team environment to develop messaging and content in alignment with market strategies;
- Inputting corporate website content;
- Helping to identify and address opportunities for presentations at conferences;
- Working to execute an effective social networking strategy;
- Preparing corporate communications materials, including press releases, speeches and announcements;
- Organizing company-lead events designed to bring prospects and customers together with Sales personnel, including face-to-face events at conferences, webinars, co-marketing with partner companies;
- Supporting the evaluation of new business opportunities.
- Undergraduate degree in business, communications or marketing;
- 5+ years directly related experience;
- Motivated self-starter, able to work independently in a multi-priority, dynamic environment;
- Mature individual with proven team leadership skills;
- Excellent analytical abilities – strategic, with critical thinking skills;
- Ability to interface and work cooperatively across an organization;
- Very strong communication abilities;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer and technical skills in all aspects of MS Office Suite;
- Ability to travel (no more than 10% of time).
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.