Senior Marketing Specialist, Affiliates
AbeBooks.com, an Amazon company, is looking for a Senior Marketing Specialist to join our Traffic & Acquisition team. This position is based at our headquarters in Victoria, BC, Canada reporting to the Traffic & Acquisition Team manager.
We also have a European office in Dusseldorf, Germany and from these two locations we run seven international web sites: AbeBooks.com, AbeBooks.co.uk, AbeBooks.de, AbeBooks.fr, AbeBooks.it, IberLibro.com and ZVAB.com. The Senior Marketing Specialist, Affiliates will be specifically responsible for driving the affiliate channel performance for the AbeBooks domains globally.
The Senior Marketing Specialist, Affiliates is an impactful job driving new business to the AbeBooks website globally. Responsibility for the affiliate channel include strategy, planning and execution of the AbeBooks affiliate products, including: developing the channel strategy and tactics to achieve sales goals, defining the product vision and business requirements, driving the creation of a strong, adaptable framework; and working closely with engineering and creative teams to maximize sales in the most effective way.
- Innovate and improve affiliate products, including affiliate sign-up, new affiliate sign up flows and link creation processes. As a result of these efforts, increase the number of new affiliate and drive affiliate traffic.
- Study affiliate needs for affiliate products, such as links and widgets, for both desktop and mobile platforms. Constantly improve our products to address needs of affiliate
- Achieve quantitative and qualitative goals set for the affiliates channel including sales, traffic and level of efficiency.
- Manage the Affiliates expense budget, including publisher’s commissions and network fees.
- Manage Affiliates Network’s platform & relationships including implementation, monitoring, day-to-day tasks and ensuring that the service provided meets the high quality standards of AbeBooks.
- Manage the Affiliates product line (all domains) including but not limited to Search Web Services (SWS) and other APIs; Widgets and Apps; Affiliate Network platforms; Datafeeds
- Oversee AbeBooks’ Affiliates communication and incentive strategies.
- Develop and execute a constant affiliate recruitment strategy.
- Propose and develop a reliable, efficient and actionable set of KPIs to be used within the Online Marketing team and to be distributed to the Senior Management Team on a periodical basis.
- Collaborate with the Amazon teams & fellow subsidiaries to take advantage of the potential synergies, share relevant strategies, and perform joined initiatives whenever possible.
- Be on top of current technologies and new developments within the Affiliates field.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Five+ years of web design experience
- Education/experience in Design and User Interaction
- Demonstrated experience in executing product requirements into a site vision
- Demonstrated knowledge of information architecture, interaction flow, user interface and visual design
- Experience with standard tools of the design trade such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks, HTML/CSS
- Proven experience in usability analysis and research
- Solid working knowledge of all common, current web technologies, including mobile
- Proven ability to work both independently and cross-functionally in a very busy environment
- Experience working with an iteration based development process such as scrum
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to Have’s:
- Fluency in any other AbeBooks language (Spanish, French, Italian, German) is desirable.
- Passion for books and book collecting