The Marketing Department of the National Arts Centre is currently seeking a high energy, resilient, strategic thinker who possesses exceptional leadership ability. As a senior member of the marketing department, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the NAC Orchestra’s marketing/communications team. You will also be responsible for working with the NACO team to plan and manage a comprehensive range of efforts aimed at achieving concert attendance and ticket revenue goals, building new audiences and increasing the Orchestra’s local, national and international visibility.
As a member of the Marketing Management Team , you will also work with the Director to establish the annual marketing priorities for the department to set the overall direction, help develop strategic marketing and communications initiatives to enhance the NAC’s impact both locally and nationally and provide leadership within the department.
You will serve as the senior marketing lead for the Ontario and Canada Scenes, overseeing the marketing efforts in support of these major national festival to ensure maximum impact.
You will also serve as the point person for the Communications Officers within the department.
What are the required qualifications?
- University degree in Business, Marketing or related field with a minimum of seven (7) years experience in a senior marketing role, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Expertise in development, implementation and monitoring of major campaigns;
- Superior data analysis skills;
- Combination of creative and analytical thinking;
- Superior planning skills with an equal ability to execute marketing strategies is required;
- Experience in e-marketing;
- Experience in Yield management;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities;
- Demonstrated experience in supervising, managing and leading staff;
- Strong communication and well honed interpersonal skills are a must;
- Solid knowledge of the marketing environment in the National Capital Region;
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of the performing arts are required;
- Experience with an orchestra or classical music ensemble will be considered an asset;
- Excellent writing skills with an advanced aptitude for details;
- Demonstrated initiative and sound judgement;
- Enthusiastic team player with excellent leadership skills;
- Bilingualism in both official languages is an asset.