Senior Manager, User Experience
Sears Canada, Head Office - Yonge and Dundas
The Senior Manager, User Experience is responsible for leading a team that develops best in-class user experiences in an agile development environment, ensuring that the Sears digital experiences are as efficient and effortless as possible. This position is also responsible for the overall strategic direction of the web channel and on-site technology roadmap.
The Senior Manager manages a team of online professionals driving on-site conversion, site experience and online merchandising. The Senior Manager and their team will lead multiple disciplines within UX that include research, visual design and front-end development, to deliver product hand-in-hand with IT. This position has direct ownership of the site day-to-day metrics. This position will work closely with the Marketing, IT department, Analytics and Promotions.
- Plan and execute the overall on-site experience strategy for sears.ca
- Lead, motivate and mentor the on-site team with an eye on conversion and site experience.
- Drive the full cycle of design, planning and execution of all digital and mobile customer experiences.
- Develop and implement short and long term strategies to increase website traffic, conversion, AOV, profitability and reduce cart abandonment.
- Partner with the Online Marketing team to ensure the proper support and traffic generation is in place.
- Optimize site design to promote a seamless customer experience and increase customer conversion.
- Explore, define and implement innovative on-site solutions and tactics to drive site traffic, acquire new customers and retain current customers
- Manage 3rdParty relationships and programs that add features and capabilities that support the Ecommerce strategy.
- Manage an annual expense budget and sales forecast.
- Work closely with the Online Marketing team to explore and develop new lead generation initiatives and emerging channels.
- Work closely with product management, engineering, visual design & user research to translate business needs into optimal customer experiences.
- Develop and lead a content strategy to support conversion and traffic/customer acquisition goals.
- Partner with the Online Marketing team to ensure all promotions and events are fully supported.
- Work closely with the Web Merchandising team to merchandise the site and promote product launches.
- Oversee and direct onsite merchandising.
- An advanced understanding of online UX/UI, online marketing principles and strategies
- Strong understanding of eCommerce platforms, back-end processes and IT technology and systems required
- At least five- years of increasing experience managing an online business (including strategy development, content acquisition, and/or website development)
- At least five-years of experience in product, web, mobile, interaction design
- At least five-years of successfully managing design teams
- Deep expertise in e-Commerce & retail experience design.