Senior Manager, Social Media
Auto req ID
77 King Street, 10th Floor
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (“TD” or “the Bank”).
TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves over 22 million customers in three key businesses operating in a number of locations in financial centres around the globe:
- Canadian Retail, including TD Canada Trust, TD Auto Finance Canada, TD Wealth, TD Direct Investing, and TD Insurance;
- U.S. Retail, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, TD Auto Finance U.S., and an investment in TD Ameritrade; and
- Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities.
The Social Media group within Corporate Marketing is accountable for creating and executing TD Bank Group’s (TD) enterprise social media strategy and collaborating with all TD businesses to leverage social media to build a competitive advantage.
As a key part of TD Bank Group’s evolution to becoming a more social business, this role will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategy and framework for building social media capabilities, within the Corporate Marketing group, and focused on product innovation and LOB partnerships. The position will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts responsible for the development and continual optimization of social assets, content, investments and methodologies. Specific responsibilities include:
- Champion, educate, advocate and partner with TD businesses to build social and digital awareness in product management and design.
- Act as a change agent to accelerate knowledge transfer to business partners around social and digital business capabilities, (through ongoing education, understanding the impact of social and digital on the customer journey, showcasing competitors and non-FI’s that are leading through innovation in social/digital).
- Proactively identify and calibrate opportunities in the social and digital space, aligned to specific line of business objectives.
- Partner with product teams on creation and execution of an annual “test and learn” agenda to accelerate path to in-market differentiation and value creation, driving shareholder value.
- Take a risk based approach to initiatives, collaborate with control partners to understand and address potential risks to TD; requires the ability to influence decisions and seek outcomes that enhance the customer experience on social media while managing risk for the bank
- Ability to, collaborate with functional and business partners and influence appropriate integration of social executions with online/offline program components, from planning phases through execution; ensuring social executions are scalable, measurable and relevant to the bank’s Social Media Strategy.
- Devote time and energy to developing team members, specifically adhering to the Leadership Profile, coaching and supporting direct reports in reaching their objectives and delivering business results and an exceptional employee experience.
- 10 years+ proven social and digital experience in identifying how social and digital capabilities can inform business operating models, product design and delivery of services. With a solid understanding of executing and operationalizing ongoing digital/social media campaigns across social networks/technologies and at large enterprise scale.
- Strong business acumen with a product management discipline and/or consulting framework.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a matrixed environment.
- Ability to “connect the dots” and assess viable opportunities for Social/Digital aligned to business strategy, with a deep understanding of the direction the interactive environment is going and the impact of social media across all digital channels.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain new or complex concepts in a straight forward and compelling manner to influence and impact stakeholders at senior executive levels.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker, with strong conceptual and problem solving skills
- The successful candidate will be results driven ensuring a balance between the customer experience, employee experience, and operational excellence.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to partner across LOB’s, control and channel partners, in order to move initiatives along effectively and efficiently.
- Highly analytical and strong understanding of performance metrics as they relate to Social investments.
Education and Accreditation
MBA or Post Graduate degree is strongly desired.
Analytical skills -
Impact & Influencing -
Interpersonal Skills -
Negotiation Skills -
Effective Communication -
M-F 9am – 5 pm
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
TD is committed to providing accommodations. if you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.