Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
The Senior Manager, Media Strategy is responsible for leading the ongoing development and implementation of an over-arching global media strategy designed to engage customers in key target markets to enhance marketing value to the bank. Primary functions will include providing oversight, evaluation, direction and best practice sharing for media buying, globally.
This role is a mix of relationship building with countries, strategy implementation for Scotiabank’s global brand and the delivery of support and guidance on media strategy and best practices across Canada, LATAM and the English Caribbean. The incumbent will work closely with key internal and external stakeholders and contribute to strategy and measurement that delivers on bank-wide marketing objectives.
1. Implementation of the over-arching global media strategy and planning framework
Lead the global media strategy and planning framework by:
• Assisting the Director, Global Media Strategy & Planning in the ongoing development and application of the global media strategy and planning framework across Scotiabank globally
• Overseeing Scotiabank’s overall media mix to optimize its alignment with business goals and evolving consumer media consumption habits
• Working with the relevant Marketing team members to advise and assist with budget planning and allocation according to campaign objectives
• Working closely with the media agency to ensure all campaigns are correctly briefed, provide strategic input and ensure plans that are presented deliver against objectives and target audience specifications with schedule delivery identified for each plan
• Ensuring each media plan and associated spend is accurately captured in global reporting
• Working with marketing teams and partners to ensure media budgets are used effectively
• Assessing each campaign against objectives and schedule delivery ensuring there is a campaign performance buying review produced to an agreed format with appropriate metrics
• Working with Global Brand and Consumer Insights to ensure that brand tracking measures are integrated with media performance
• Working with appropriate internal stakeholders to improve performance of marketing budget allocation using appropriate econometric tools and modeling
• Partnering with the Global Digital Marketing team to ensure online media spend is aligned to overall marketing and commercial objectives.
• Aid in the annual marketing planning, consistently looking to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
• Development and collaboration with internal and external partners to ensure brand integration.
• Manage projects from beginning to end by working cross-functionally across departments and countries including in-country Marketing, Global Brand Enablement & Strategy and Global Digital
- Stewardship of Media within Marketing Initiatives:
- Manage and direct Media Buying Agency in the development of media plans to support objectives and overall media strategy
- Provide oversight on all Marketing campaigns
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of data and analytics
- Media Measurement & KPIs
- Assist with the adoption and interpretation of standardized media metrics and KPIs to elevate the effectiveness and efficiency Scotiabank’s media spend
- Develop an ongoing cadence of integrated, global reporting to help inform future media planning decision making
- Operationalize the collection and sharing of best practices, globally
- Own the global Mediatools database, including tool adoption and reporting
- Lead the integration of Mediatools with dashboarding tools like Tableau and Visual IQ to create and own holistic media reporting
- Provide guidance to countries on media inputs for the CMO dashboard
- Exceptional understanding of digital marketing, paid social and video content
- Sound written and verbal communication and presentation skills to clearly and effectively articulate the components of programs to internal partners, agencies/suppliers and key stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and sound knowledge and experience with media planning leading to execution of integrated marketing campaigns with heavy digital media/marketing experience
- Lead and collaborate within a cross-functional team environment that can include many reporting levels and varying skills/competencies
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s overall marketing and sponsorship strategy, objectives, issues and challenges as well and the current trends and implications
- Strong conceptual abilities and excellent perseverance to solve problems and adapt solutions across a wide range of challenges
- Ability to build strategic relationships and maintain collaborative network of contacts internally and externally
- Must have sense of urgency, flexibility towards new/different ways of getting things done
- Knowledge of media, especially digital media trends, developments and opportunities
- High level of accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• University degree or related educational background
• Minimum 5 + years media planning experience, working within, or with top-tier media and advertising agencies and have deep knowledge of digital, social and brand advertising, as well as programmatic and attribution.
• Strong organizational skills and sound knowledge and experience with media planning leading to execution of integrated marketing campaigns with heavy digital media/marketing experience
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills to clearly communicate the complexities and components of any project to external suppliers, partners, clients and internal groups
• Ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team environment that can include many reporting levels and varying skills/competencies
• Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s overall marketing and sponsorship strategy, objectives, issues and challenges as well and the current trends and implications
• Strong conceptual abilities and excellent perseverance to solve complex problems and adapt solutions across a wide range of communications and creative challenges
• Ability to communicate fluently in Spanish preferred
• Experience with Mediatools software preferred
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.