$103,596 to $129,501
The Communications and Corporate Affairs Division requires a seasoned professional with a solid background in Media Relations and Corporate Communications to act as the AGCO’s primary media spokesperson and manage the external communications function.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, you will have expert knowledge in media and public relations as well as a good understanding of the context in which a government regulatory agency operates including the political environment. With a strong background in media relations, issues management and corporate communications, you will develop media messaging and positioning for the AGCO and act as key media spokesperson in responding to a variety of media calls including live TV, radio and print interviews and social media. You will have exceptional writing and editing skills and strategic planning skills including the ability to link communications strategies and plans to the AGCO’s broader business objectives. The ability to effectively manage issues, advise on appropriate strategies and establish a confident working relationship with external stakeholders and senior AGCO executives will be a key to your success in this role.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt in an expanding and changing environment.
- Seasoned analytical and judgment skills.
- A BA and/or degree in journalism or related degree.
- Well-developed project management, problem-solving and supervisory experience.
- Ten years of media relations and corporate communications’ experience.
- Bilingual (French and English) candidates preferred.
- Knowledge of the liquor, gaming and horse racing industries are definite assets.