Duration 15 Months (Maternity Leave)
The Senior Manager, Marketing role provides leadership to the eGaming Marketing team responsible for developing, evolving and implementing marketing strategies related to PlayNow.com’s brand, sponsorship and player marketing programs. This role will support the development and implementation of strategies to effectively sustain and grow the eGaming business in BC.
- Develop quantifiable objectives and metrics that drive PlayNow.com marketing strategies.
- Build and create marketing strategies related to brand, sponsorship, and new product.
- Drive development and evolution of marketing strategies and implement corresponding tactics in line with PlayNow.com business vision.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop, implement, integrate and manage all key components of programs: analytics, product management and marketing.
- Provide thought leadership throughout BCLC on digital marketing best practice, to help BCLC achieve our corporate objectives.
- Proactively develop, maintain and manage high profile relationships with various internal contacts as well as external stakeholders including the vendor/suppliers, service providers, regulatory and government bodies in order to develop strategic partnerships and achieve desired business outcomes.
- Foster a creative, innovative and results-oriented environment through effective resource planning, decision-making support, and individual coaching and empowerment.
- Manage the development of complex product analysis, financial projections/forecasting, and consumer insights to aid the leadership and marketing teams in the development of strategic and tactical recommendations to optimize marketing programs.
- Develop and manage operational budget and develop business cases for new initiatives/expenditures, making high risk financial decisions.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through a degree in a business discipline such as Marketing
- 8 to 10 years related experience with progressive levels of responsibility including a minimum of 3 years recent people management experience
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Masters Degree an asset
- Advanced knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of advertising, marketing and digital marketing
- Experience in strategic design of management reports and/or presentations for marketing campaigns and product development
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately to different audiences
- Ability to work cross-functionally to influence business practices and build buy-in.
- Exceptional people management and relationship-building skills with senior-level stakeholders both internal and external to a complex organization; a highly respected and collaborative team player; empathetic and participatory. Builds a high level of trust and cooperation.
- Strong business acumen with a results-oriented focus. Demonstrated experience in business planning in a leadership capacity; an ability to inspire the creation of innovative, high-impact strategies that lead the organization to new levels of performance and an ability to communicate insights in an effective manner to many stakeholder groups.
- Strong team building and leadership skills, and proven ability to motivate, coach and develop.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills; an ability to find innovative yet practical strategies to achieve goals and to link several strategies into a unified, future-focused plan.
- Highly self-motivated; assumes personal ownership and accountability.
- Holistic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize work and resources, keeping business value at the forefront of the decision making process.
- Understanding of online gambling is an asset.