Job Posting 2013-039
Senior Manager, Marketing & Community Investment
Victoria Administration Office
Island Savings is looking for a strong professional leader interested in a 6 month contract position (with possible extension) as Senior Manager, Marketing and Community Investment supporting our branches in our trade area from Victoria to Nanaimo and on the Gulf Islands. This position reports to the CEO and is responsible for overseeing all marketing and community investment program implementations to align our members’ needs with our products and services.
In this role, your strength is in collaboration and execution; our Senior Manager, Marketing and Community Investment is the key point person to present and update our Senior Management Team on all marketing initiatives, identifying gaps and seeking opportunities to grow our business. The major responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing and implementing competitive marketing and community investment initiatives aligned to the corporate business plan.
- Understanding the needs of the member and the requirements of the business to ensure “best in class” results that also further the brand.
- Assisting the Operations team in delivering growth of Island Savings with a thorough understanding of our marketplace, including competitive landscape, products, distribution channels, trends and preferences of our membership. This includes marketing services, branding, communication services and community outreach.
- Effectively managing the department budget, and accountability for to managing, leading and coaching a team of marketing, communication and community investment professionals.
- Demonstrating leadership as point of contact for media calls, community partnership opportunities, and overseeing plans for all member communication including online and offline for members, non-members, partners and stakeholders.
- Providing leadership and exercising authority in the areas of media relations, community investment, communications, campaign planning, merchandising and signage, branding and supplier management.
Our ideal candidate thrives in an environment of change and growth, is a collaborative leader, and is entrepreneurially oriented. Must have strong speaking/listening/writing communication skills, as well as experience in marketing and communications within a medium to large progressive business. In addition to a degree in Marketing, Commerce or Business Administration, with formal communications training preferred, you will also have 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in a marketing environment as well as managerial experience leading large and diverse teams to excellence. This position is based at our Victoria Administration office, with occasional travel to our head office in Duncan required.