As a foodie with a keen eye to Canadian and Global food trends, this individual leads the development & management of the President’s Choice (PC) Insider’s Report (IR) Editorial/Content plan. As a steward of PC‘s pillars of Taste Discovery & Innovation, this individual will work cross-functionally to bring each Insider’s Report to life for our core customer. Individual will inspire the team with their passion for creating a distinct and memorable content experience across print and digital channels. As the main delivery vehicle for PC’s innovation, this individual will demonstrate leadership & passion for PC’s storied Insider’s Report!
Senior Manager Accountabilities:
• Creates fully integrated strategic content plan for print, digital and social media across the 5 Insider Reports. Leads brief development for all Insider’s Reports.
• Leads content development & champions IR process milestones for recipes, articles, web videos and newsletters in partnership with the PC Test kitchen and digital marketing teams and other internal partners & external agencies.
• As the gatekeeper for IR and PC Brand content, individual will partner with Brand marketing, LBL Brands, Digital Marketing, Event Marketing, Public Relations, and Creative Teams to develop relevant IR content for the marketing mix while ensuring IR brand is well represented within key marketing initiatives/events
• Work closely with the Creative Team & LBL Brands to conceptualize report, integrate relevant mix of new and existing products, while ensuring themes relate and are seasonally relevant for each IR (Healthy, Summer, Lawn & Garden, Back to School, and Holiday)
• Through owning the IR layout, individual needs to balance the voice of the consumer while balancing the business priorities of multiple stakeholders (LBL Brands, Marketing, Category)
• Ensures and protects PC Insider’s Report brand identity and tone of voice. Contribute to development of IR and PC Standards for recipes, tips, videos, articles, etc.
• Own and develop IR brand content & integrate PC Brand content into the digital editorial calendar; collaborate with Brand Marketing to ensure brand content lives year long & cohesively with IR content
• Work seamlessly with Sr. Manager, IR Go-to-market to:
o Bring the print publication to life, from brief to influencing how print program lives in-store
o Report and develop post-mortems incorporating and actioning insights from the Digital team, Consumer Insights team, Event Marketing, Competitive review, Industry trends, etc.
• Responsible for assisting with the development and the execution of the long term strategic plans for IR Brand.
• Identify new opportunities to extend Insider’s Report beyond its current format to contribute shaping the long term vision of the brand.
• Maintains IR marketing annual plan and budget process, shares in accountability for all marketing expenses.
- University or college degree in business, marketing, journalism, communication or an equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
- 5-7+ years experience in retailing, advertising, marketing environment. Preferably experience in advertising and food/digital content development, food/content editor.
- Content production, editing and publishing experience (Audio and Video Production experience a plusguy)
- Excellent writing and editing skills, attention to detail and high standards for quality.
- Project management experience
- Enthusiasm for leveraging new media to deliver content & engage core customer
- Curious, creative, passion for food and solution oriented.
- Passion, Integrity, and Energy!
- Bilingualism – French and English – an advantage.
- Able to work cross-functionally, juggle many projects at one time and meet all deadlines.