An exciting and challenging position exists as the Senior Experiential Marketing Manager at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will work closely with the Marketing and Sales teams throughout North America to lead the strategy, planning and execution of experiential marketing at Vega. This includes retail demo & event sampling programs, community marketing initiatives, trade shows, partnerships, internal conferences and beyond. The focus of this role is to create effective strategies for retail, community and partnerships to drive awareness and generate incremental revenue for the business. (Please note this is a 13-month Maternity Leave contract)
The right candidate will have experience working in experiential marketing, managing internal and external resources, and will have a strong passion in planning & executing creative, engaging and ground-breaking events. You enjoy a fast-paced, exciting work environment, get inspired by the latest & greatest marketing tactics and have no problem seeing the big picture. Furthermore, you will be responsible for a team of up to 10 people throughout North America, managing their development plans, KPIs and regional tactics.
You take marketing strategy and sales seriously, but have fun at work with the Vega team! You value integrity and performance; you take ownership, show initiative and prove the value in everything you do. You not only love the culture, but contribute to it. Health and fitness is not something you read about, but something you live.
The Sr. Experiential Marketing Manager is a fast-paced, ambitious big thinker. You’re a visionary, who will build a year round strategy on how to successfully introduce the Vega brand and its products to consumers, educate and drive sales via innovative brand experiences. You will do this through implementation of internal and external resources to create strong engagement in and out of store and maximizing experiential marketing impacts while delivering strong ROI for the business.
- Be a leader driving strategic change, to help develop Vega into a global name and brand
- Be the voice of the brand and the consumer, constantly elevating, engaging and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. You have a passion for the brand and for delivering an enriching experience to help showcase the Vega lifestyle.
- Lead annual and launch strategy setting, budget development and concept pitching
- Develop a strategy for field demo teams at hundreds of locations throughout North America on how to achieve and increase monthly engagement and sales results
- Re-develop the retail events program including key communication, training materials, booth development, incentive programs and cost to revenue management
- Oversee the planning and execution of trade show events throughout North America, determining key events to participate in and ways to elevate the show experience.
- Oversee the strategy for community events (marathons, mobile tours, partnership programs, education events, etc.) throughout North America
- Lead partnership management including finding & securing partners to create large scale, synergistic brand partnerships
- Oversee ideation and planning of Annual General Meeting and Sales Conference
- Oversee development of all training materials, product information and best practice guidelines
- Manage 4 direct reports and a team of regional experiential specialists, mentoring them on their careers and effective marketing techniques and strategies
- Proven ability to professionally and effectively resolve internal and external conflicts – you are a solution oriented person who tackles problem solving with ease
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in experiential marketing, leading Vega to be the industry leader on the cutting edge of marketing
- Assist the planning, execution and synthesis of research (quantitative and qualitative) initiatives including but not limited to industry insights, competitor and consumer insights. Ability to analyze insights and make strategic recommendations will be an important aspect of this role.
- You have a passion and vision for bringing the Vega experience to life in everything you do
Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility within experiential marketing
- 2+ years’ experience managing a team of direct reports
- A university degree in business or commerce
- Exceptional strategic, organizational skills as well as the ability to multitask
- Experience with logistics and coordinating demos & events on an international scale
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- An outgoing dynamic and driven individual who can work well independently and on a team
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- You are successful and happy in all areas of your life
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humour and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Performance Bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with vegan, plant-based healthy food and snack options
- Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Group MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible Extended Health/Dental Plan
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund