Be part of our innovative and entrepreneurial team!
Through unique research and training programs, Mitacs is developing the next generation of innovators with vital scientific and business skills. In partnership with companies, government and academia, Mitacs is supporting a new economy using Canada’s most valuable resource – its people. In order to be successful at Mitacs you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and promote a team atmosphere. You are an “out of the box” thinker who strives to implement continuous improvements to the programs we design and deliver. Mitacs prides itself on delivering quality, innovative programs to specific markets and encourages all staff to have a strategic approach to the projects they are working on. Mitacs fosters a culture where all employees are valued and respected.
The Senior Digital Experience Designer develops and supports strategies that ensure an outstanding online user experience for Mitacs stakeholders. Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the role designs, develops, and maintains our online communication assets, including external- and internal-facing websites, e-mail marketing platforms, and other third-party digital communication assets. An expert in user experience design, this role provides strategic advice on best practices, supports service design excellence, provides creative direction for visual assets, and manages online projects that support the organization’s short- and long-term goals.
- Develop digital strategies for our external and internal online presence
- Lead user interface (UI) design projects and advise on principles
- Support user experience (UX) planning and testing
- Design, develop, implement, test, and maintain both internal and external websites (Drupal CMS)
- Support service design methodologies for optimal user experiences
- Oversee work done by digital agencies, suppliers, and vendors
- Assist in selecting and directing contractors/consultants as needed
- Train and support content editors and other internal users
- Manage projects involving internal and external teams
- Lead analytics and reporting
- Oversee design standards and ensure effective integration of online and print materials
- Advanced understanding of Drupal CMS, Google analytics, and SEO
- A minimum of five years’ experience with website design, as well as experience with multimedia design
- Ability to apply UX design principles to practice (interface/interaction/visual design, usability engineering/service design/prototyping) and testing
- Ability to create good experiences throughout the user’s journey across various digital channels, including social media and campaigns
- Strong design ability, including creative design solutions within internet constraints
- Fluency in current graphic design and web development software such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong technical knowledge of HTML, CSS, AJAX, SASS
- Experience with JIRA, GIT, SVN
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to juggle multiple projects, lead internal teams, and manage external contractors
- Solid understanding of project planning stages and development cycles
- Solid ability to convert requirements into deliverables and take responsibility for them
- Innovative, creative thinker, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in design, arts, communication, or related field
- Experience with print design an asset
Mitacs fosters a culture where creativity and innovation is valued and encouraged. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a team-based work environment.