Salary: $75,000.00 - $92,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: (5121)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
We’re looking for a Senior Copywriter to help us craft brand strategies into kickass creative concepts. You’ll be a master of connecting with people through words. Whether that’s three words, 30 words, 300 or 3000. Especially in digital and emerging media. You’ll bring enthusiasm and experience, and still be open to learning and growing personally and professionally. We’re all about relationships and connecting – so you’ll be working with not only the creative department but partners all through the business, as well as external vendors, to bring the work to life. Lastly, and not surprisingly, we’re big on sweat. So expect an exercise class or two between meetings. We definitely, and whole-heartedly, live #thesweatlife.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts.
- Write clear, persuasive, original copy within a defined brand tone of voice.
- Work in a close-knit creative partnership with the creative project team to generate excellent concepts and ideas.
- Formulate presentation decks for internal and external review.
- Present effectively, both for internal creative and cross-functional project reviews.
- Execute on campaigns from concept stage to completion, across all channels.
- Understand the structure of a brand’s identity—how the visual and verbal executions come together to create a holistic brand experience.
- Be up to date with industry trends, including ground-breaking ideas, emerging technologies and business solutions.
- Provide effective direction through all phases of production—internally and with external partners.
- Mentor and ideate with junior creative team members.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A creative advertising or writing degree or diploma required
- 5+ years of professional copywriting experience
- 2 + years experience working on national or global brands essential
- 2 + years experience in concepting for web, mobile, social and emerging platforms a must
- Must have a folio of work demonstrating ideas and copy across various media
- Ability to write to a brand’s tone of voice, and subtly flex that tone for message and medium
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demands
- Demonstrated and extraordinary communication skills and a meticulous eye for detail
WHO YOU ARE
- You bring positive energy to everything you create and everyone you meet
- You love to take initiative and work well within a team
- You’re a strategic problem solver who’s self-motivated, productive and efficient
- You’re passionate about communication and technology and stay on top of current trends
- You have sharp attention to detail and are a champion of consistency
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You understand the value of exercise in living your best life, practice self-awareness, are have a desire for constant self-improvement
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses