**NOTE: This position is subject to review by the Joint Job Evaluation Committee**
As a member of the Marketing and Communications team, the role of the Senior Communications Strategist is to work in collaboration with internal clients to plan and execute integrated communication strategies and plans, which support university priorities and initiatives.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the development of an annual institutional integrated marketing and communication strategy as well as individual client and project communication plans by recommending strategies and tactics that will serve to achieve project objectives.
- Stays abreast of the latest trends in communications and is adept with using a variety of channels to reach a variety of audiences.
- Regularly liaise with various units that report up to the senior leadership team to keep up to date on initiatives, issues, and seek opportunities for proactive communications.
- Build and maintain a positive image for the university through the proactive communication of initiatives to a variety of stakeholders through strategic communication plan development under the direction of the Associate Director, Strategic Communications.
- Coordinates and leads projects including: client services; developing and implementing communication plans; using project management software; establishing work back schedules based on resources, time, priorities and project scope; maintaining project files; and preparing materials for project meetings.
- Gathers and distills data to produces project reports and post-mortem reports.
- Collaborates with creative services team to ensure message consistency and brand adherence.
- Communicates with a high level of professionalism and tact within the Marketing and Communications department, within TRU and outside of TRU as a key representative.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or a related discipline
- Five (5) years' working in a communications-related field
- Demonstrated skills in social media channels
- Ability to work independently, and within a team
- Proven track record in handling sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Extensive knowledge of communications concepts, implementing plans and best practices
- Project management skills with the proven ability to plan, lead and coordinate projects on time and on budget
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- A proven track record in a complex, multi-stakeholder, fast-paced environment with high attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, to reach diverse stakeholders, with strong business acumen and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of post-secondary education
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time; general office conditions
- Occasional attendance at institutional events
- Ability to lift weights in excess of 10 kg
Apply Here: http://www.Click2App..wgszs7mgsb