Senior Communications Specialist
Are you looking for a role where you can make a meaningful impact? Make your next opportunity count by joining our team and help guide and support an industry through an exciting time of digital transformation!
The Centre for Study of Insurance Operations (CSIO) is a national property and casualty insurance group with over 38,000 broker, insurer and vendor members across Canada. We develop innovative technology standards and digital solutions to enhance the consumer’s ease of doing business in the broker distribution channel.
Our dynamic communications team is responsible for educating our members on the work we do, the relevance of emerging technologies and the importance of digitizing their business and customer experience.
We are looking for an excellent communicator with strong writing skills and 5-7 years of experience in a corporate environment.
In this opportunity you will:
- Enhance your critical thinking skills
- Gain experience managing projects from conception to implementation
- Strengthen writing skills and communicating technical information to broad audiences
- Be exposed to innovative and emerging technology
- Gain a broad understanding of the P&C insurance industry
Located in our downtown Toronto office, the Senior Communications Specialist ensures that CSIO’s corporate brand is reflected in all channels to our members and stakeholders. The successful candidate will produce strategic communications pieces, deliver marketing campaigns and be able to measure and interpret data to inform business strategy.
You are a skilled communicator who:
- Demonstrates strong writing skills in a variety of formats, e.g. feature articles, blogs, annual reports, white papers, web copy, videos, presentations, digital marketing campaigns
- Has a keen understanding of various digital communication vehicles, including best practices and current trends
- Can simplify complex, technical information into engaging, story-driven content
- Understands and can lead communications metrics and measurement strategies
- Demonstrates creative and strategic thinking
- Has excellent planning and organizational ability
- Is a team-player with a strong desire to learn and collaborate in an integrated team
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading a consumer campaign strategy from development to launch, leveraging all relevant digital communication vehicles
- Developing and executing on project charter to launch a new website
- Creating meaningful content based on emerging technologies, current industry news, and CSIO priorities
- Crafting compelling strategic communications to improve business and support business goals
- Managing digital assets (websites, social media, email campaigns, etc.) including development and content planning, content creation in CMS, performance reporting and analysis, etc.
- Educating brokers on digital tools and technology to help them digitize their business and customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or a related field
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in corporate communications or digital communications
- Superior written communication skills, demonstrated through a writing portfolio
- Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking, entrepreneurialism and attention to detail in all work delivered
- Strong understanding of digital communication vehicles, strategy and best practices
- Knowledge of analytics tools and ability to make insight-based recommendations to improve performance
- Strong sense of urgency with proven experience delivering and working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with graphic design, web design, video creation, CMS is an asset
- Previous experience in P&C insurance or technology industries is an asset