Unposting Date: Sep 28, 2016, 8:59:00 PM
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Established in 1996, INTRIA is a Canadian leader in financial services processing. Performing 1.4 billion item processing tasks annually, INTRIA serves a wide range of clients in the financial, utility, and retail sectors. INTRIA offers a comprehensive suite of integrated image-based services including currency management, remittance processing, and cheque clearing.
The Senior Communications Consultant, INTRIA is responsible for the production and delivery of a range of client- and employee-facing paper-based communications that foster an understanding of INTRIA. Responsibilities include but are not limited to creation of executive communications and presentations, business proposals, marketing communications, position papers, annual reports, employee communications, and newsletters. The position also involves providing communication consulting advice to senior management.
What You’ll be Doing
Serve as Communications Lead in preparation of Board materials, business proposals and other critical client-facing materials.
Partner with Product and Relationship Managers on document structure, use of graphics, print production timelines, and other communications issues.
Collaborate in organizing input from multiple contributors, establishing deadlines and ensuring that version control systems are in place and are understood by all contributors.
Rewrite business and technical input as required ensuring all content is clear and effective.
Impose consistent voice and typographic treatment, ensuring compliance with INTRIA style.
Ensure completeness and internal consistency of content.
Proofread final text; input corrections as required.
Manage production of end paper-based documents and/or electronic files for delivery or presentation to client.
Archive all inputs and outputs for reuse.
Assist in developing, maintaining, and updating marketing collateral.
Project manage all aspects of a wide range of one-off communications from inception to delivery.
Author communications under direction from Product and Relationship Managers, and Senior Executives.
Provide creative direction and lead the development of visuals/graphics/layout for Web and paper communications.
Ensure internal/external websites, including social media such as Linkedin, are kept current
Write copy for news releases, position papers, briefs, annual reports, and other marketing collateral.
Edit and rewrite past communications for new audiences.
Check for technical accuracy and completeness and obtain Executive approval of all material.
Support ad hoc event management requirements
Partner with Corporate Events for INTRIA Town Halls
Support Relationship Managers on ad hoc client event management activities
Provide input into the development of longer-term internal and external communications plans.
Provide recommendations for continuous improvement of individual communications and communications plans.
What We’re Looking For
- Professional experience in business writing.
- Solid structural and copy editing skills.
- Desktop and layout skills
- Ability to write for a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical and business concepts and express them in clear language.
- Ability to independently research and develop content under direction.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments within tight timelines.
- Solid understanding of version control and archive administration.
- Solid understanding of print production.
- Graphic design skills (Photoshop, Illustrator) would be an asset.
- Familiarity with Dreamweaver and the basics of Website design and maintenance would be an asset.
- Must be prepared to accommodate high work volumes, tight deadlines, need for confidentiality.
- Must be able to diplomatically influence Senior Executives with regard to approach, tone, content, and timeliness of communications.
- Must be able to bring a creative approach to business-to-business communications.
- Must be able to co-ordinate the movement of projects through many hands to win co-operation and approval within tight timelines.
- Must maintain consistent focus, as mistakes could severely damage INTRIA’s reputation through negative reaction among clients, media, employees, or other key audiences.
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase options, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
What You Should Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role