The Senior Communications Consultant is an experienced professional who will provide communications support for the university's senior leadership team under the direction of the Associate Director, Strategic Communications.
The Senior Communications Officer will function as a generalist, having the ability to provide a range of communication services that support communications to both internal and external audiences. Such services may include communication planning, media relations, event coordination, and writing for internal and external channels, including social media.
Work priorities will be determined in consultation with the Associate Director, Strategic Communications.
- Provide strategic advice and tactical communications support for various initiatives stemming from the university's senior leadership team or their direct reports.
- Regularly liaise with various units that report up to the senior leadership team to keep abreast of initiatives, issues, and seek opportunities for proactive communications.
- Build and maintain a positive image for the university through the proactive communication of initiatives to a variety of stakeholders through strategic communication plan development, and at times, through issues management under the direction of the Associate Director, Strategic Communications.
- Manage and update the internal and external website presence of members of the senior leadership team, and specific projects pages under the direction of the Associate Director.
- Provide communications-related workshops, including media training, in collaboration with the Associate Director, Strategic Communications.
- Support response to media queries during the day, and after-hours when needed.
- Assist the Associate Director, Strategic Communications on major institutional announcements and events, including support with communications material development, gathering information and fact checking.
- Support the Associate Director with crisis communications as required.
- Provide communications support to the senior leadership team, under the guidance of the Associate Vice-President Marketing & Communications, in the Associate Director's absence.
- A Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or a related discipline
- Seven (7) years working in a communications-related field
- Experience working with middle and senior management level leaders preferred
- Proven ability to produce and implement communications plans
- A proven track record in a complex, multi-stakeholder, fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills, with attention to accuracy, and detail
- Ability to write in varied tones and formats, to reach diverse stakeholder audiences
- Experience in internal and external communications, media relations and issues management
- Demonstrated skills in social media channels
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, and within a team
- Proven track record in handling sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Apply Here: http://www.Click2App..8v93qyrqrn
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!