Senior Communications Advisor, Digital Communications
Are you a digital communications professional? Do you have leadership skills, technical expertise and the ability to provide strategic advice and direction? Do you want to help make it easier for people to access health information and services online? Then consider this exciting opportunity with the Digital Communications team of the in the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Plan, manage, and coordinate digital communications and online communications for the ministry
- Provide expertise and leadership to a team of communication professionals
- Lead digital communications projects from inception, ensuring goals and timelines are on track and within budget
- Develop and apply performance measures, reporting techniques, metrics and tools
- Represent the ministry on government-wide digital communications committees
How do I qualify?
Leadership and Organizational Skills
- you have leadership skills to provide guidance, support, technical and strategic direction to staff
- you demonstrate strategic planning and organizational skills to lead multiple concurrent digital and online communications projects
- you can meet deadlines and deal with unexpected and conflicting demands with tight time pressures
- you can make recommendations, identify opportunities, assess options and oversee the development and implementation of creative and digital communications products and digital initiatives
- you have knowledge of project management principles to lead project teams and manage budgets
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- you demonstrate knowledge of the principles and techniques of communication planning and development to lead and coordinate the process
- you have knowledge of traditional, online channels, social media channels and emerging communications technologies and techniques
- you have knowledge of MS Office, social media tools, web reporting tools and related software
- you are able to continuously learn and upgrade knowledge related to digital communications
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- you demonstrate oral and written communication skills to prepare materials, present options and reports
- you are able to convey digital communications advice, ensuring consistency with ministry and government priorities to senior management and explain strategies and issues to stakeholders
- you demonstrate diplomacy, conflict management, negotiation, interpersonal and consensus building skills to exchange information, negotiate deadlines and obtain endorsement of strategies in support of government priorities
- you are able to provide advice and facilitate discussion regarding strategies and policies to management, teams, committees and stakeholders
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- you are able to interpret and apply standards, policies, and legislation
- you are able to identify trends and directions from multiple sources of information to determine communications requirements, develop options, and make recommendations
- you demonstrate organizational and prioritization skills to manage multiple concurrent projects
- you can measure, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of digital communications activities
Other Skills and Knowledge
- you can gain an understanding of the objectives, priorities and strategic directions of the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care
- you have an understanding of relevant legislation and guidelines (e.g. privacy, accessibility, French language)
- you can acquire knowledge of the Ontario Public Service (OPS) procurement and vendor of record guidelines and processes
Salary Range:$68,536 - $100,994 per year
- 1 Permanent, 80 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, April 18, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 106257 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.