VIA Rail Canada Inc.
Senior Advisor, Public Relations
Reference Number : ON_Cons_Prin_Rel_Pub
Status : Permanent
Job Category : Communications/ Marketing
City : TORONTO
Province : Ontario
Annual Salary : 80 448$ - 99 377$
Application Deadline: : 2015-01-29
- Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, the Senior Advisor, Public Relations develops and implements public relations strategies, including media relations, for VIA Rail in Ontario and Western Canada. He/she assists the Director in all external communication activities for the Corporation and acts as an official media spokesperson for VIA Rail.
- Develops and implements public relations strategies, including media relations for VIA Rail in Ontario and Western Canada. To do so, supervises the work of other members of the Corporate Communications team, as required. Works closely with his/her superior to establish VIA's service offer and optimize the team's operational practices to offer quick, effective, and top quality service.
- Acts as an official company spokesperson. Supervises the planning, coordination and the execution of the public and media relations strategies. Maintains relations with journalists, columnists, bloggers, and influencers in traditional and digital media. Prepares press releases, blog posts, and other communication tools.
- Develops relations with the organization's stakeholders. Writes briefings for interviews and speeches for the company's executives by performing the appropriate research.
- Provides the necessary documentation and research, writes the content which will be included in different publications. Plans, coordinates and organizes different corporate events. Supervises other team members in the development of communication tools for assigned projects.
- Supervises the development and execution of surveys and analysis to better understand the target audiences and their use of different communication channels. Evaluates the impact of initiatives and influencer campaigns. Participates in the development of strategies to assess the company's reputation.
- Monitors and acts as a moderator on various social networks.
- University degree in communications, journalism or any other related field (master's degree will be an asset)
- 10 years of experience in public relations and/or digital communications
- Excellent knowledge of the media, including traditional and electronic journalists, especially those in Ontario
- Experience in crisis management
- Experience in community management an asset
- Excellent knowledge of English and very fluent in French, both spoken and written
- Exceptional writing skills in English
- Ability to manage several priorities simultaneously
- Ability to express and discuss his/her ideas
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and conceptualize
- Ability to work in a team
- Initiative – Independence – Curiosity – Creativity – Flexibility
- Meticulous and thorough
- Experience in community management and/or digital strategies
- Knowledge of Google Analytics (certification an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.