STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 700 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Currently, we have an opening for a Scientific Marketing Specialist, Pluripotent Stem Cell Biology. This position supports the Scientific Team Leader and Product Marketing Manager by generating marketing copy, collateral, and sales tools. In addition they will coordinate marketing campaigns and marketing activities related to new product launches, product changes and maintenance of existing products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Marketing Campaigns
- Work with Scientific Team Lead and Product Marketing Manager to create, enhance, and deliver marketing collateral (e.g. advertisements, tradeshow booth graphics, videos, websites, and other print and web-based promotional materials)
- Develop key messages
- Draft copy and proof revisions
- Work with Creative to produce final marketing collateral, including formatting and graphics, for approval by Scientific Team Lead and Product Marketing Manager
- Update status of assigned tasks in project management system
- Monitor execution of campaign plans, report on timeline(s)
- Post approved marketing materials through social media, on-line and other innovative marketing tools
- Monitor campaign effectiveness through appropriate metrics analysis
- Generate high-quality marketing collateral to support demand generation
- Work with Scientific Team Lead and Product Marketing Manager to develop and execute marketing campaigns to deliver on product line/market segment strategy, product line sales and marketing goals
- Provide draft copy for Sales training
- Product Support
- Coordinate marketing campaigns and activities related to new product launch, product change and maintenance of existing products.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum undergraduate degree in the biological sciences with a graduate degree (preferred) or equivalent related work experience.
- Extensive academic and hands-on experience in the field of pluripotent stem cells is preferred.
- Experience in a marketing or communications role, demonstrating the ability to translate technical information into effective communication to a target audience
- Documented excellent writing skills appropriate for scientific and marketing materials
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to meticulously copy edit materials
- Excellent organizational skills; project management experience is an asset
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Ability to simultaneously execute on multiple projects
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) is an asset