Overview of the role
Kalesnikoff recently celebrated it’s 77th year in the Specialty Forest Products Industry. Located in the heart of the West Kootenay’s near Nelson, B.C., we have a year-round playground – from skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling to hiking, fishing, sailing and camping. Our vibrant family-oriented communities also offer excellent arts, culture and entertainment.
This Sales & Marketing role provides leadership and coordination to support Kalesnikoff’s Specialty Business Programs. This position has responsibility for achieving profitability targets for the innovative wood business, including collaborating with our management and operations teams and managing major and key developing client accounts.
Core Competencies and Required Skills
- Deliver against business plan and execute sales strategy, aligned to company vision, to achieve maximum profit.
- Negotiate price and/or programs.
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities, direct marketing, and new project development.
- Develop and manage sales and marketing budgets, and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets
- Provide monthly market and customer analysis.
- Strong lateral thinking and problem solving skills
- Increase sales through product promotion by developing an understanding of the value of products with customers.
- Identify new product opportunities and collaborate with management and operations teams to establish the value.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five year and ten year business plans for the company.
- Communicate key industry trends to leadership and collaborate with business analyst to develop a point of view on how the trends influence the business unit.
- Coordinate and evaluate marketing campaigns.
- Liaise and network with a range of stakeholders.
- Bachelors Degree
- Five+ years sales management experience OR Specialty Operations Leadership with Sales aptitude
- Ability to travel internationally and enjoys it
- Analytical skills
Additional Skills / Attributes of Benefit would Include:
- Background in sawmill production and / or quality control, ideally with experience in mills cutting products other than dimension lumber
- Knowledge in kiln drying, lumber finishing and grading
- Experience in Coastal BC Custom Cut or Specialty Sawmill Operations
- Experience in understanding the different tree species and their unique characteristics
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Technically proficient, technical sales background
- Innovative and customer focused
- Perform role with integrity and compliance at all times
- Economic thinking – strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Present information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and creative solutions.
- Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
- Experience in planning marketing strategies and successful public relations efforts.
Please complete the application found on our careers tab and attach your resume, references and any supporting documentation.
Closing Date: March 31st, 2017