State / Province: British Columbia Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Vancouver Brand: adidas Group
Relocation: No Selection
At adidas Group, our love of sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a shoe more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don’t just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics: We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it’s hard work inventing the future of sport, and that’s why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
At adidas Group, this drive it what connects us, whether we’re working for TaylorMade, adidas, Reebok, or Rockport. We’re all working toward a future motivated by passion, original thinking, and the desire to build upon a proud legacy.
From design to production to logistics to technology, every role in all our brands is connected to this. Our roles span the range of our brands, as well as spanning the globe. No matter what you do, or what country or city you do it in, your work helps make greatness possible.
- As the face of adidas brand within the assigned territory, the Sales & Marketing Territory Manager will be tasked with elevating brand positioning in Canadian market place by quarterbacking sales, product and marketing efforts in bringing key brand stories to life through retail partners & approved on line mediums.
- While providing unparalleled customer service, the Sales & Marketing Territory Manager will lead the charge to drive profitable sell through of our brand by guiding internal teams in delivering consumer right product, compelling marketing support & proactively managing business metrics within their sales territory.
- Responsibility / accountability for attaining sales and margin goals for the assigned independent account territory
- Achieve annual sales & profitability targets for assigned categories and territory
- Responsible for sales & marketing of adidas brand with a focus on the TEAM/Soccer specialty in Vancouver region.
- Individual must be our brand leader on the front line. Taking full ownership of the adidas business. Become the brand and business expert within their respective sales region and within adidas Head Office.
- Identify the key accounts that will drive your business and work with Director Independent Channel on how together we “MAKE THE BIG, BIGGER”.
- Follow company guiding principles of demonstrating acute consumer focus while acting with speed and consistency in all facets of role.
- Be a strong contributor within the Independent Sales & Marketing Account Team in planning and executing the on-going sales management of adidas Group brands. Be candid, be constructive and be about identifying opportunities & finding solutions.
- Lead the process of right product, right time, and right price. Work proactively with product team to share your market expertise on trends, competitive activity and wins or losses for our brand. Fuel the winners & bad news has to travel fast on what is not working.
- Work closely with Marcomm team to develop and execute marketing initiatives that drive profitable sell through. Future sales growth will only happen when the adidas Brand delivers sell through & margin to our accounts.
- Develop recommended seasonal assortment & margin plan for Territory Key Accounts. This plan is the foundation of all sales & marketing efforts. Jointly developed with product & Marcomm teams but is owned and driven by Territory Manager. Plan will also serve as the catalyst for improved Order Management Process with Customer Service and Supply Chain.
- Closely monitor sales to budget on a monthly basis with communication back to Director on plan of action to attain sales targets.
- Work closely with customer service & supply chain departments to maximize sales and sell through by delivering orders on time and full. Individual will play lead role in setting adidas up to win by ensuring order deadlines are adhered to and all orders are thoroughly reviewed before handing off to customer service.
- Monthly updating of latest sales estimate including brand position / exposure with respect to open orders, potential cancellations, returns and markdown allowances. Individual expected to be ahead of the business and provide straight goods on how sales line is developing. This direction is critical piece for finance group to deliver credible financial forecasts.
- Analyze sell through & margin performance during brand marketing campaigns and during account specific marketing initiatives. Identify successful programs & offer suggestion on ways to further enhance profitable sell through.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Independent Channel.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness & passion to embrace change as a commercial leader
- Exceptional and engaging leadership & management skills that quickly builds both retailer and internal confidence in adidas Group direction
- Ability to lead, coach, teach, motivate and develop the sales / marketing and business management talents of your retail partners and internal support staff
- Develop strong organization and time management skills – focus on the big stuff
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with many touch points - Brand VP’s, Product Team, Marcomm, Own Retail, Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Service, etc
- Business experience and confidence to engage with Senior Management at account level and internally
- Comfortable & confident in dealing with all levels within an account - from President / Owners to Buyers and store associates
- Strong industry knowledge across footwear, apparel & accessories with a proven finesse / experience for negotiating in a “ win – win “ environment
- Expert understanding of Canadian market - consumers, retailers, economic environment and commercial landscape
- Strategic thinking - ability to develop and consider wide variety of options before implanting strategic decisions.
College or University degree or equivalent work related experience.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || British Columbia || Canada || || adidas Group || Americas || No Selection