Position Title: Retail Marketing Manager
Reports To: Director of Marketing
General Summary: SAXX is looking for a Retail Marketing Manager (RMM) to join our team. The RMM is responsible for all retail activation’s with our retail partners. They will work as a liaison between sales and marketing departments. The RMM will solicit, plan, and execute all in-store and online marketing activation’s with our retail partners. This person must be a product of the active sports world we live and work in, embody our company culture, have excellent communication skills, marketing expertise, organizational skills, product knowledge, merchandising understanding, be capable of supporting multiple projects simultaneously and live in Vancouver, BC area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work as marketing liaison between Sales and Marketing departments to execute retail marketing activations.
- Assist in all retail events.
- Cultivate relationships with marketing departments at all retailers. Also connect with retail sales associates/managers to push our brand product.
- Develop marketing plans/activation for retailers.
- Create incentive programs for all retailers to obtain better visibility of our brand at store level.
- Execute collaborations between our brand and retailer partners.
- Build presentations (as needed) to present to sales and marketing teams of proposed new projects.
- Present results from executed activation’s.
- Work with inside and outside sales agencies/reps to complete marketing opportunities at retail.
Web / Ecom Support to Retailers
- Develop traffic driving initiatives that leverage communication channels like digital, social media, traditional, media, events, etc.
- Create sales contests, marketing initiatives, and other activations for SAXX retailers.
- Manage online training platforms and PK sheets to be distributed to reps and retailers.
- Execute all levels of online marketing support (i.e. online banners, social media promotions).
- Work closely with SAXX’s marketing team to ensure all retail activations are lined up with social channels and ecom.
- Create marketing opportunities with our retail partners. Events, POP, Trunk Shows, etc…
- Implement marketing activities/in-store events for all stores by managing event and marketing budgets and overseeing the execution from start to finish.
- Establish, manage, and foster on-going communication with marketing contacts in order to identify and participate in relevant promotional opportunities, which drive awareness, traffic and sell-through for retailers.
- Manage in-store marketing assets and ensuring branding requirements are met on all submitted artwork and following up on any compliancy issues.
- Visit stores on a regular basis (to see how our product is positioned vs. competitors, scouting new accounts, gain feedback from store managers/ buyers).
- Maintain and update all marketing communications (i.e. retail calendars & one sheets) and make sure that all materials are distributed internally so that teams are well versed on initiatives.
- Work with key retail contacts to ensure smooth submission and execution on all marketing requests at account level (i.e., signage, roll-out schedules, etc.).
- Ensure our brand has consistency with assets across the market.
Marketing Assets / POP / Fixtures / Build Outs.
- Work with Marketing and Creative teams to build proper POP / fixtures / displays for needed stores.
- Inventory and organize all brand assets.
- Create a check in and check out system to manage movements of all brand assets.
- Work with outside vendors to install brand assets at retail as needed.
- Ensure all assets are returned to our inventory once utilized.
- Work with approved vendors to fix damaged units.
ROI tracking/ Reporting
- Evaluate and execute individual store level marketing requests received from Reps.
- Develop and implement-marketing programs that are innovative, creative and demonstrate return on investment; both immediate as well as long term.
- Review monthly sales and metrics reports to ensure a thorough knowledge of retailer sales; track key retailers and category trends and make recommendations for future programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in marketing, PR, English, communications, business, or related field required.
- 5+ years experience of sales and/or marketing in the action sports industry a plus.
- Retail background is a plus.
- Management skills including strategic planning, budgeting and creative solutions.
- Proven ability to communicate plans across a complex matrix on a corporate, regional and functional basis.
- Experience initiating and driving the ideation process contributing meaningful, innovative strategies to the business at concept stage.
- High aptitude for creative thinking balanced against bottom line business needs.
- Strong English written and spoken required; knowledge of second and/or third language preferred.
- Professional work experience in Canada and at least one other country strongly preferred.