More than a job, a chance to make an impact
Our story is about people’s connection with nature and with each other. Icebreakers are story-tellers. We want to share our adventures in nature in get others outside and in amongst it. We are looking for someone special to lead the execution of our brand story telling across North America (US and Canada).
You’ll most likely be working in one of the other great companies in the outdoor/sports/apparel market and be looking for that little bit more – that more personal connection to the product story and that opportunity to really make your mark.
Based in Vancouver, Canada you will be working with both the North America Regional leadership team and the Global Brand and Marketing team (based in our Global Head Office in Auckland, New Zealand). Your primary responsibility is to execute Global Marketing initiatives across all channels and touch points to drive brand awareness, engagement & regional sales & profit targets.
What your CV says:
- You have managed a marketing team in a product based business with retail, wholesale and e-com channels ideally in the outdoor /sports /apparel industry
- You understand retail business and possibly worked in a retail store in a past life!
- You have a degree in Marketing (or other relevant tertiary qualification)
Stuff you can actually do:
- Build iconic brands in a region through alignment with global brand guidelines and masterful local execution tactics across all customer and consumer touch points
- Drive brand and product communication, primarily through owned/earned/shared channels
- Provide strong people leadership, and work effectively in a matrix organization (global/local marketing team structure)
- Show strong executional and output focus – you’ve lived by the calendar and can deliver across multiple seasons and multiple channels
- Effectively manage communication/PR agencies
What you rock at:
- Partnering. We need you to be an awesome partner – to our local teams, to our global teams, with our consumers, with our suppliers… People will want to talk to you, look forward to your reaching out and walk away feeling heard, inspired and appreciated.
- Executing. Across multiple canvasses – in bricks and mortar (both our stores and our wholesale partners stores) and online (ours and wholesalers). This is no mean feat my friend!
- Budgets. Understanding the detail of the planned spend, how to get the best bang for your buck, the ROI of the proposed plans, the clear return on the key account marketing plans…
- Creativity. Coming up with savvy ‘big-ideas/small budget’ approach to work – willing to search out creative solutions.
- Delivering. Problem solving, managing multiple projects and delivering results under tight timeframes.
- Flexibility. And resilience. S#*% happens and you need to adapt and move on.
- Coaching. And developing others to be their best
We are not a big corporate. We care about our relationships with nature and each other.
We are a fast moving, nimble business with limited resources – the people on our team are here because they want to make a difference and work hard and creatively to make that happen. We are not perfect, we have heaps of work to do. We like people who can think big and strategic and also get their hands dirty.
We’re a world leader in merino clothing and supply our outdoor, performance sport and active lifestyle ranges to more than 5,000 stores across 50 countries. We are headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand with regional offices in Vancouver, BC in Canada, Portland, OR in the United States and Munich in Germany. We also have smaller satellite offices in Zurich in Switzerland, Annecy in France and Melbourne in Australia.