Recruiting Marketing Specialist
Temporary, full-time opportunity (from May 2022 to November 2023) – Guelph, ON
At the University of Guelph, our research and academic units are doing meaningful work that is relevant to the global issues of today. Our brand says it all: We Improve Life! The University also provides our staff and faculty with programs aimed to enhance our employees’ wellbeing, feeling of inclusion, and continued professional and educational development, which statistically rate among applicants as some of the highest valued factors when evaluating career choices. There is a lot to sell about working at the University of Guelph and we need you to help us do that.
As Recruiting Marketing Specialist, you will be joining a small central Talent Acquisition team who work closely with HR business partners and hiring managers across a wide range of business functions and occupations. Your role will be to support the development of recruiting strategies to attract diverse pools of qualified candidates to the University by developing and executing effective marketing and communications plans. In particular, we will count on you to help us
- gain a stronger presence on social media,
- create some buzz about what we have to offer,
- write compelling, inclusive content for job postings in a consistent manner, and
- create digital campaigns targeted at passive talent.
We are in the midst of transitioning from a manual recruitment process to one supported by an applicant tracking system within a new Human Resources Management System (HRMS) solution, requiring that we find creative ways to track and measure how we move the dial toward our goal of attracting stronger and more diverse candidate pools. For you, this will also provide the opportunity to align and map some of the marketing and communications practices that you will establish to the new solution and take part in identifying new opportunities toward the goal.
To fulfill the role of Recruiting Marketing Specialist, you must be a media-savvy, compelling writer and champion of diversity, accessibility and inclusion, with the following profile:
- You have a bachelor’s degree combined with 2 to 4 years of related work experience, or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- Your passion and skills are in communications, making you a talented writer with demonstrated experience preparing inclusive web and/or social editing content as well as preparing other promotional writing material (i.e., more detailed job ads and briefs), ideally focused on a candidate audience and with the purpose of communicating brand.
- You have expertise in social media platform functionality, capabilities, and best practices (including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.), coupled with experience with digital and social media advertising tools (Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads, etc.).
- You are familiar with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) guidelines and have experience creating accessible material to ensure we are reaching diverse audiences.
- Highly consultative and collaborative, you understand how to work with partners to ask, listen and understand the opportunity and skillfully translate the information for job ads, and to inform attraction strategies.
- You have experience working with employment advertising agency partners, in-house or 3rd party designers and photographers.
- Analytical and metrics-focused, you have the ability to creatively identify ways to measure and track campaign performance in the absence of an applicant tracking system.
- While not essential, ideally, you have some experience supporting full-cycle recruitment and selection practices.
- You are highly skilled in using the suite of Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel, and ideally also using Adobe Creative and SharePoint.
The University of Guelph (www.uoguelph.ca) is one of Canada’s leading research-intensive comprehensive institutions, with a record of outstanding scholarship in the arts, humanities, social sciences, life sciences, physical and engineering sciences, agriculture and veterinary sciences. This is your chance to join us in our endeavour to improve life.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.