Public Relations Specialist full-time
Public Relations Specialist
An international luxury fashion designer whose designs have been topping Hollywood’s best dressed lists is searching for a creative and talented hands-on Public Relations Specialist to grow our public relations and social media efforts. In this career you will find a dynamic and fast paced environment, where no two days are ever alike. We want someone with a positive, results-oriented attitude who is passionate about fashion and eager to make a positive difference. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, comfortable dealing with various types of media, have an appetite for learning, and thrive on new challenges. Working closely with the President, you will help the President to execute public relations strategies as well as develop social media platforms (YouTube, Blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc), and develop/organize/coordinate content.
- Create press kits
- Write and distribute press releases as needed, in print and online.
- Monitor media for story ideas, news, and competitive activity
- Develop and maintain relationships with editors, writers, photographers, and stylists of key trade and consumer publications.
- Generate publicity based on product placement.
- Maintain image library.
- Maintain media lists
Partnership Evaluation and Management
- Evaluate existing sponsorships
- Evaluate and recommend sponsorship opportunities that bring value to the business and the brand.
- Work with sponsors to secure partnerships, product, services and/or inkind gifting for special events.
Special Events Planning and Execution
- Identify and evaluate special event opportunities.
- Plan and execute all special events.
- Manage all public relations strategies for fashion markets throughout the year.
- Develop invitation lists and distribute invitations
- Manage all follow-up
Ensure Media Coverage of Special Events
- Coordinate media presence at events
- Arrange interviews
- Manage all follow-up
- Manage company presence in social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and others
- Identify, interpret, and capitalize on existing or new social media trends, tools, and applications
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor degree in public relations, communications or related field
- At least five years experience in public relations (agency or in house).
Skills Required to Perform Successfully
- Knowledge of how the media works and a network of contacts in the fashion and entertainment worlds.
- Excellent writing skills (Strong copywriting skills with ability to produce copy of varying tone and messaging based on target audience and medium)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including proficient knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator is essential