What’s exciting about Elastic Path?
Elastic Path Software is a provider of the industry’s most flexible enterprise ecommerce platform and strategic ecommerce consulting. We help innovative enterprises sell more digital goods and services in a way that is frictionless, social, and everywhere. Major global brands such as Google, Symantec, Time Inc, RIM and Virgin Media rely on Elastic Path to innovate and grow.
What can you expect in the Public Relations and Social Media Specialist’s position?
The public relations and social media specialist will be managing our public relations and social media programs to help increase the company’s brand awareness and thought leadership. This person will tackle these programs with creativity and enthusiasm, as we are looking for a fresh innovative approach to traditional public relations.
- Manage and grow social media programs including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Wikipedia, Slideshare, etc.
- Plan, write, manage, and distribute press releases
- Write case studies, by-line articles, speaking opps, and award applications
- Manage and build relationships with key journalists and bloggers
- Coordinate media requests and interviews
- Define, measure and present the metrics for success for PR and social media programs
- Monitor public relation and social media activity by competitors
- Coordinate and distribute our quarterly enewsletter
- Be an internal evangelist for PR and social media
What kind of background is required to thrive in this position?
- Marketing or Communications university degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in public relations and/or social media
- Strong writing track record in relevant industries (ecommerce, retail, technology, etc.)
- Outstanding writing skills: able to effectively communicate ideas and stories
- Experience working with journalist and/or bloggers is a must
- Microsoft Word power user with experience managing drafts, tracked changes, and comments
- Expert knowledge of web browsers and social media tools
- Basic knowledge of SEO preferred
- Detail oriented and flexible – able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to take responsibility and complete work with minimal supervision
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and continues to grow dramatically. Today Elastic Path employs approximately 150 team members in Canada, the UK, Costa Rica and the US.
We’re also pleased to announce some recent accolades and awards, including a spot on Red Herring’s 100 List, a prestigious list that honors the year's most promising private technology ventures in North America. We also ranked #25 in PROFIT magazine's Ranking of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies and to top it off, British Columbia Technology Industry Association (BCTIA) recently awarded us with the “Emerging Company of the Year” award.
We also have some neat benefits to offer you, but we won’t bore you with those right now. If you’re curious, check out the benefits section on our career site: