Recognized as an Employer of Choice in the National Capital Region, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 50 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
The Public Relations and Social Media Lead will be responsible for the development and the maintenance of key media contacts and the implementation of strategic Public Relations policies and programs that propel the Giant Tiger brand to new heights.
- Develop Public Relation communication and digital strategies to support marketing activities and communication plans that reinforce key strategic messages across the organization;
- Manage day to day activities associated with public relations agency;
- Create, build, and maintain a list of influencers, bloggers, vloggers, media contact, and publications;
- Monitor media social networks for story ideas, news, competitive activity, and potential issues;
- Support Manager of Public Relations in the writing of all communication pieces, including but not limited to press releases, key messages, for both internal and external;
- Report monthly on the results of public relations and social media programs and make recommendations;
- Manage relations with top media in the markets, provide briefing activities, and address media enquiries as spokesperson;
- Support and complement Marketing efforts on social media strategy and implementation in Canada, in English and French;
- Plan, organize and execute press events;
- Manage and monitor PR budget to ensure that PR expenses are in line with the approved annual budget forecast;
- Identify and implement CSR involvement opportunities in the market;
- Provide full public relations support to franchisees and the Home Office;
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams within the organization to help meet their business objectives via social media;
- Assists in developing content/designs for various social media channels.
- Post-secondary education in Public Relations, Communications, or a related field;
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Public Relations, Communications or a related field;
- Experience with social media advertising and digital strategy;
- Bilingualism (EN & FR) both verbal and written, required;
- Flexibility to work weekends/ evenings, required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, analytical and self-motivated;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team (strong interpersonal skills);
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Understanding of social media platforms and campaign management;
- Understanding of traditional media;
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience working with MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience using CISION and Sysomos, an asset.