A two-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division which includes Skechers Memory Foam and the charity line BOBS from Skechers, and Skechers Performance which includes Skechers GOrun and Skechers GOwalk footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include the world famous drummer Ringo Starr, multi-platinum recording artist Demi Lovato, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, legendary quarterbacks Joe Montana and Joe Namath, baseball stars Pete Rose and Mariano Rivera, and The Voice winner Danielle Bradbery. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfer Matt Kuchar represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1000 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 120 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and across Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Skechers ships product through a 1.82 million square-foot, fully automated, LEED-Gold certified distribution facility in California that serves North America. The Company also operates a 753,000-square-foot facility in Belgium that serves Europe and ships directly to the rest of the planet.
To build the SKECHERS brands -- including Skechers Performance -- through trend-influenced marketing while growing the SKECHERS Social Media Communities to enable consumers and fans to virally promote SKECHERS by utilizing all relevant social media channels.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Strategically coordinate print, film/TV, online, and celebrity product placement opportunities for SKECHERS domestic brands.
- Pitch key bloggers and social media outlets to ensure proper message is communicated and our footwear is featured in a positive and accurate manner.
- Pitch editors regularly on key styles and secure front of book stories – need to see placements in weeklies and fashion books as well as articles on our brands.
- Assist with design and assembly of press mailings including seasonal look books and editor/celebrity gifting. Involves getting images shot in-house, designing collateral and executing mailings. Should be done on an on-going basis as well as seasonally.
- Contact talent publicists and assist with celebrity gifting outreach. Follow up and track entertainment/pop culture blogs for photos of celebrities wearing SKECHERS footwear.
- Manage database of key wardrobe stylists to secure footwear on celebrities in TV shows and in films.
- Assist with event organization and execution as needed (celebrity, charity and corporate events).
- Develop media alerts and pitches for local press to promote SKECHERS community events.
- Write press releases as needed.
- Communicate PR placement reports to internal marketing team and social media to ensure all are informed.
- Track ongoing press placements (print, video, online) and create monthly press reports.
- Scan press placements and organize digital files/hard copies for PR archives.
- Develop social media strategy for each platform, integrating key styles and messaging of the company.
- Manage content (words and images) for social sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram.
- Monitor user generated content to include on social channels as well as ecommerce platform.
- Monitor and help resolve customer inquiries and issues on all social media channels.
- Develop online contests and other engagement tools to drive awareness and fans.
- Develop social media and blog calendar that integrates important internal and external messaging and events.
- Monitor SKECHERS international social sites and streaming content to our international subsidiaries and partners.
- Stay on top of social and digital media trends and viral technology to easily enable customers to engage about the brand. Recommend changes.
- Facilitate graphics projects requests for all SKECHERS social media accounts.
- Work with marketing and eCommerce teams to define KPIs for success and track them.
- Research, write, edit and update reports for both domestic and international SKECHERS social channels, this includes weekly, monthly, campaign and event reports.
- Collaborate with internal team and external SKECHERS partners in social media campaign tracking and reporting.
- Measure the impact and return of social media on overall Marketing and PR efforts.
- Assist with PR and social media at corporate events.
- Order press clips, magazines, etc. with SKECHERS coverage.
- Secure press appointments at key events.
- 1-3 years of Public Relations and Social Media experience preferably of Fashion, Athletic or Footwear.
- University or College Diploma in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- Established contacts in fashion, running/fitness, charity, and TV media a plus.
- Bilingual in French strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills – bilingual in French strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of popular culture and current fashion/footwear trends.
- Executing innovative campaigns with associated timelines, requirements and outcomes as it relates to social media and the integration of ecommerce and retail.
- Managing online community and social spaces to encourage user-generated content.
- Enrolling customers and prospects through communities.
- Leveraging social media content with search engine optimization.
- Creating content for all social sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and Google+ as well as blogs.
- Monitoring competitors and broader social trends, analyze and recommend strategies to drive to a better position in the market.
- Ability and vast experience measuring and monitoring social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Blog, etc.) and ability to see business insights behind analytics that can be applied to Marketing and PR strategies/initiatives.
- Understanding of web and digital marketing analytics, with working knowledge of analytical tools.
- Experience developing promotions that drive membership, opt-in or purchase.
Computer programs required:
• Adobe Photoshop • Microsoft Word • Powerpoint • Excel