We are hiring a Public Relations Manager to join our dynamic, results-driven team. We’re looking for a creative and hardworking team player with a solid background in corporate technology. This role will oversee the planning and execution of all PR activities for the company including public relations and customer communications.
The PR Manager will have 5-10 years experience in technology PR; comprehensive knowledge of US-based technology media in all trades; experience and understanding of technology analyst firms; and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Own the relationship with our external Public Relations agency and work closely with them to garner North American coverage and awareness for our products and organization
- Conspire with the team’s Social Media Specialist to develop and execute creative and amazing social media strategies
- Build positive relationships with our customers and secure public-facing commentary including references, quotes, and case studies
- Develop relationships with key media contacts so they are familiar with our technology and products and will consider Absolute for inclusion in coverage
- Stay connected with Absolute marketing leads in EMEA and rest of world so that North America PR efforts are aligned globally
- Manage our vendors including service providers, agencies, contractors, writers, and consultants
- 5-10 years of experience in public relations with a focus on corporate technology
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A strong communicator who works well under pressure and delivers to extremely aggressive timelines
- A sense of humour
- A self-starter who can multi-task, juggle, tweet, tap dance, sing the Canadian anthem, and dial a phone all at the same time (see previous bullet)