We're growing and we have an exciting full-time opportunity for a communications maven to join our team. Guided by our vision, values and business goals, you will lead the development and execution of multi-channel campaigns that garner media attention, customer engagement and strengthen our brand.
A passion for men’s fashion and the brand itself is essential to building relationships and authentic engagement opportunities with SPIER & MACKAY's existing and new customers.
You will inspire our fans, increase the reach and value of our social media channels, find positive product placement opportunities, earn media coverage both online and off, and most importantly, thrive in a start-up environment.
You’ll be based at our Mississauga Showroom/Office.
- Accountable for positive print and digital coverage to drive brand awareness and in turn, sales.
- Accountable for managing the brand, including consistency of tone, voice, visual identity, quality of content and experiences online and off.
- Build effective relationships with journalists, bloggers, partners and customers to support growth and strengthen our brand.
- Plan, manage and execute social media strategy and engagement across fundamental channels. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, LinkdIn)
- Plan and manage media events related to product or trend announcements, pop-up store launches, blogger outreach activities and more.
- Identify and analyze measurements for media outreach activities, web and online store traffic, including customer feedback, and champion any changes to improve content, campaigns, promotions and the overall effectiveness of strategies and tactics.
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as requested.
Skills and experience
- Ideally you have a post-secondary degree or diploma in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Digital Media or other related business discipline.
- You have a minimum of two years of demonstrated experience in a role with similar responsibilities.
- You’re an excellent writer with experience in creating targeted pitches that earn coverage.
- You’re a people-person with the ability to build professional relationships and deliver excellent service to a wide array of personalities.
- You have a strategic business mindset with a solid understanding of brand building and e-commerce practices.
- You’re highly organized with excellent project and time management skills.
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Creative Suite, social media tools, Content Management Systems, HTML.
- Digital photography and video editing skills are an asset.
- You’re flexible to work evenings and weekends to cover events.